Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Prayers please for my dad

Fletch

Supporting Member
Will keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers... Wishing him a speedy recovery...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Talked to dad this morning. I told him the local blessing of the bikes is coming up. I asked his permission to ride his Triumph thru the line. I told him I would go thru line late in the progression because I do not want only a blessing of the bike, I want time to ask for a blessing of the owner of the bike as well. Then we shared some tears over the phone and hung up with smiles on our faces.

Dad is proud of his 2012 Bonneville. He should be. It is a sharp retro looking bike much like he rode in the past. I will attach a few pics of dad so you guys can have an idea of what he is like as you pray for him (or think of him.) Loves playing his dulcimer at church events, nursing homes, and volunteering. Loves this country. Loves my mother and our family. Loves motorcycles. Loves fishing. Loves God. The pic of him looking at my niece captures how he looks at all his grandkids. Amazing!

Again. . . So many thanks. Your kind words, well wishes, and prayers mean so much to me. TOO rocks!

FB_IMG_1493730034296.jpgFB_IMG_1493730126403.jpgFB_IMG_1493730233813.jpgFB_IMG_1493730249992.jpgFB_IMG_1493730264654.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Awesome pictures Phil. I assume he was ok with you riding the bike for the blessing?
Yes. It choked him up pretty bad. He said "come over and get it. You can ride it whenever you want." If you knew how hard I was on motorcycles in my younger years like he witnessed. . . . Lol. I've grown up.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Phil and his dad stopped by at the Lima gunshow and said hi to me last year. Good guys and God will do his best on a full recovery.