Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Prayers please for my dad

Sure hate to hear this Phil. Hopefully things will straighten out for him soon. Sure bothers me he is able to get up and bang himself around like that. Seems there is something they can do to help him out with that. Prayers, many many prayers to him and you all.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is with heavy heart and soggy eyes I bring you this update. Falls from the bed are hit and miss. They lower the bed to roughly 18" off the ground. They put padding on the floor. They have put "hipsters" on him. Hipsters remind me of sliding shorts or the compression shorts I used to put thigh, tailbone, and hip pads in to play football. They are an extra layer of protection in the event of a fall.

The confusion has only gotten worse. They performed another MRI. It showed something but they couldn't tell what it was. It was deemed "Inconclusive." They scheduled another CT scan. There was a fear it was a bleeder or possibly clotting. The CT scan showed there are no active bleeds. This leaves it as either a blood clot or clots, or the cancer has come back. The doctors will not perform another surgery. The final results of his pathology report/biopsy reports finally arrived. Only took them 5-6 weeks. It determined the last piece of the puzzle about the cancer is not good. It revealed the radiation and chemotherapy will NOT be effective. We asked numerous questions. The main questions being: What would you do if you were in our shoes? What life expectancy can we expect? Will he have any clarity moving forward? What can WE do to help him?

Essentially, my father will no longer receive chemo or radiation. The doctors can not do anymore to help him. At this point it is in the Lord's hands 100% whereas before we were praying the Lord would guide the doctors' hands and minds to find solutions. We are not giving up hope completely. If there were ever going to be divine intervention, this is when it will happen. The only blessing is the moment my siblings and my dad's siblings were in town yesterday. Dad had complete clarity. He understood what was going on when we spoke with him. I will not post anymore about this. Just know it tore my heart out.

Thank you for all your continued support and prayers. We are now praying for comfort. Peace. Rest. Clarity. We are praying for quality of life.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Phil, you're not alone... Some of us have been thru somewhat of you're currently going thru... None of it is easy, the only thing from this point forward is keeping him comfortable.... make the time you have with him a positive as you can, if he is confused, try and find an area in your lives he's at.... At some point there may be some common ground, it might be 20-30 years ago but there will be something buddy....

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
So sorry to hear this. You, your family and your dad are in my prayers and a special prayer for your mom...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thank you guys. Sincere appreciation. Going to be a rough road ahead of us. I'll be shedding plenty of tears. My father knows the Lord and will be in a better place. If he lives and stays with us. . .He wins. If he passes and goes to Heaven. . . .He wins. He is a winner either way.