Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Prayers please for my dad

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thank you guys. Sincere appreciation. Going to be a rough road ahead of us. I'll be shedding plenty of tears. My father knows the Lord and will be in a better place. If he lives and stays with us. . .He wins. If he passes and goes to Heaven. . . .He wins. He is a winner either way.

Amen Phil. Yes he is buddy!

Prayers continue

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
As long as we're on that subject,
Watch out for double billing too...

I had to deal with thousands that were paid by the Fucken insurance co then the dr/hospital/nursing hm/anybodyelse want jump in too; bills would be sent out to her or me threating her or my credit bla bla bla. I got it sorted out but it was time consuming.

Absolutely hateful.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
As long as we're on that subject,
Watch out for double billing too...

I had to deal with thousands that were paid by the Fucken insurance co then the dr/hospital/nursing hm/anybodyelse want jump in too; bills would be sent out to her or me threating her or my credit bla bla bla. I got it sorted out but it was time consuming.

Absolutely hateful.
Agreed. I'm seeing a pretty widespread trend now of offices billing me before even billing insurance. So of course you get a bill from the doctors office for the full amount probably a good 3 weeks before I even get a letter from insurance saying they paid it and letting me know the remainder that I owe. If someone was not a be such as an old person they would probably pay that initial bill.

It's so ridiculous these days that I told my wife the next Dr office form that I sign I'm writing in there will be a $50 charge per billing issue I have to sort out.

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Agreed. I'm seeing a pretty widespread trend now of offices billing me before even billing insurance. So of course you get a bill from the doctors office for the full amount probably a good 3 weeks before I even get a letter from insurance saying they paid it and letting me know the remainder that I owe. If someone was not a be such as an old person they would probably pay that initial bill.

It's so ridiculous these days that I told my wife the next Dr office form that I sign I'm writing in there will be a $50 charge per billing issue I have to sort out.
Yep. Happens every single time my wife or I go to the doctor or hospital. Last year when I was air lifted, Life Flight (which is their own separate entity) sent me a bill for $19,000... two months before anything went through insurance. Included in their bill was a letter that was somewhat threatening, telling me if I didn't pay it that I was be reported to a collections service. I was blown away. My insurance obviously took care of it, but I thought man, what if some old person that didn't know any better got a letter like this? Life Flight probably get paid twice.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Lack of quality billing people being able too code out simple forms will give you a major headache... The people who do the billing in most places are really overworked/pressured by the Drs or are rather inept at their chosen profession....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't see Mom needing credit in the future. Screw them. Lol

Insurance company is booting dad off rehabilitation. Mom called today and appealed the decision. They did a reevaluation. We shall see how it plays out. We meet with Hospice Saturday. There is a new Hospice section in the hospital. We are thinking the patient to nurse ratio HAS to be better there. Nursing homes can only do so much. Plus the confusion is more common than the clarity now. Hospitals can offer better meds than nursing home. No more falls. Better medicines. More nurses. Let's let the man die with some freaking dignity for crying out loud. Two months ago he was diagnosed. Prior to this he was "Dad". Now he is some old guy laying in a bed, confused, mostly immobile, and NOT "Dad." I'm praying for a miracle, but it would require divine intervention. I'm a realist. It is time to get him somewhere he can get some quality care and conclude this journey with a little bit of dignity. Probably sounds harsh. If it doesn't sound harsh, then I am sorry. . . .Because you have been through this as well.