Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017-18 Deer regulations

Isaacorps

Columbus
I feel for you guys in western counties. I could kill 8 a year here in the urban areas I hunt and not even put a dent in the herd year to year. They just keep multiplying and migrating from suburb to suburb. Doesn't make em any easier to kill though lol

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I do wish they would move the ML season to between Christmas and New Years. IMHO it would be great for family and friends to hunt together during the holiday gatherings.

Isn't the max deer kill in Ohio at 6?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I do wish they would move the ML season to between Christmas and New Years. IMHO it would be great for family and friends to hunt together during the holiday gatherings.

Isn't the max deer kill in Ohio at 6?
I wish they'd do away with the bonus gun weekend. Yes state bag limit is 6.

This stuff cracks me up. "Not enough deer in Meigs County..." Hahahhahahaaa laughable.

It may be laughable to you but it took us a long time of not shooting does to finally start seeing more than 3-4 doe per 170 acres. Same with the neighbors who used to shoot everything. Has been difficult to justify shooting a doe when there were so few. This past season was the first in a while we noticed a substantial increase and probably should have shot a doe or two. Sure some parts may have had an abundance but even a buddy over near Pomeroy has noticed the drop in deer numbers for many years.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It may be laughable to you but it took us a long time of not shooting does to finally start seeing more than 3-4 doe per 170 acres. Same with the neighbors who used to shoot everything. Has been difficult to justify shooting a doe when there were so few. This past season was the first in a while we noticed a substantial increase and probably should have shot a doe or two. Sure some parts may have had an abundance but even a buddy over near Pomeroy has noticed the drop in deer numbers for many years.
Sorry, I just can't relate. Meigs County routinely kills more than three times the amount of deer killed in the county that I reside in. I simply can't comprehend being told the hunting is bad in a county that kills more than 3000 deer each and every year.

Diablo54

Outside
Sorry, I just can't relate. Meigs County routinely kills more than three times the amount of deer killed in the county that I reside in. I simply can't comprehend being told the hunting is bad in a county that kills more than 3000 deer each and every year.

What county are you in