Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Go To Climber???

Fletch

Supporting Member
Time TOO hang up my TSS climber and get a new one... So whats everyones favorite climber??? I'm leaning towards a Summit Sentry SD open front climber... Don't want a bar in front of me and the seat on this one is not as clumsy looking as the ones on other Summits.. I know those other seats are so comfy.. I'm not out there to lounge and half the time never sit anyway.. So whats everyone using???

Thank's for the input...

Fletch

Supporting Member
I just looked up that summit sentry SD, that thing looks comfy with the millennium style seat!

Chad... From reviews I've read on Archery Talk seems a lot of guys like them... Seat set's a little higher and folds up out of the way... Since theres no bar in front of you and the fact seat sets a little higher it is a good combination for shooting setting down... I found it for $209.00 shipped so I think I'm going to buy one...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Chad... From reviews I've read on Archery Talk seems a lot of guys like them... Seat set's a little higher and folds up out of the way... Since theres no bar in front of you and the fact seat sets a little higher it is a good combination for shooting setting down... I found it for $209.00 shipped so I think I'm going to buy one...
Ya I wouldn't pass that deal up!

Fletch

Supporting Member
Jesse if I had your money I'd buy TOO... LOL Since I want to buy a few new cam's, bino's and a crossbow this year I want to keep the cost of the stand to around $200.00... Retired folks are on a budget ya know...

Fletch

Supporting Member
So are dad's with new newborns, mortgages, car payments, etc. but a man needs priorities too! lmao

Been down that road TOO... Worked two jobs back then... But enjoy it, nothing better than having those little crumb snatchers running around.. But college down the road, I feel for ya.. When my son went to college I had a small landscaping business just to pay his college tuition.. I paid it 100% and he never owed me or a bank a pennie... I just felt I owed that too him..

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've been thinking real hard about getting a LW climber this year as well. I'm overdue for a new climber.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've been thinking real hard about getting a LW climber this year as well. I'm overdue for a new climber.
I want to experience some new ground and opportunities this year. A LW will last me a couple decades and gives me a lightweight mobile option I don't have with the Millennium setup. I won't lie, there are days I've not hunted spots I knew were worth hunting because I didn't want to haul the Millennium setup that far. I'll never own another Summit and the only other climber that appeals to me is a LW.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Jesse... Seems everyone loves Summits... Have you had an issue with them in the past?? I also was looking at the Ol Man stands...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I want to experience some new ground and opportunities this year. A LW will last me a couple decades and gives me a lightweight mobile option I don't have with the Millennium setup. I won't lie, there are days I've not hunted spots I knew were worth hunting because I didn't want to haul the Millennium setup that far. I'll never own another Summit and the only other climber that appeals to me is a LW.
Yep, I'm right there with you. As much as I love the M100 from a comfort standpoint, I just can't make it as mobile as I'd like it to be. It definitely has its place... But for an in-and-out type of set, it's not ideal for me personally. I know a lot of people are way more efficient with it than I am though.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It definitely has its place, but is not the most practical of setups. After 5 years, I consider myself as "efficient" as you can be with it and it's still not overly efficient for short sits. For me, it has to be used on an afternoon hang and left for a full morning or all day sit the following day. I rarely hang it or pull it in the dark. That's just asking for trouble!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
It definitely has its place, but is not the most practical of setups. After 5 years, I consider myself as "efficient" as you can be with it and it's still not overly efficient for short sits. For me, it has to be used on an afternoon hang and left for a full morning or all day sit the following day. I rarely hang it or pull it in the dark. That's just asking for trouble!
I've hung and pulled mine in the dark a few times and it's a bitch! Got in a bind once when one of my LW sticks kicked out on me😬

Fletch

Supporting Member
So the Summit is hard to hang in the dark... With the way the cables just snap in, it looks like a no brainer.. Others have pins too insert etc.. What am I missing here... Lone Wolf is expensive and the seat just looks too comfy for hunting... Heck on my hang-ons out in Illinois I don't even have cushions on the seat... I sit my arse on the bare metal....

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
So the Summit is hard to hang in the dark... With the way the cables just snap in, it looks like a no brainer.. Others have pins too insert etc.. What am I missing here... Lone Wolf is expensive and the seat just looks too comfy for hunting... Heck on my hang-ons out in Illinois I don't even have cushions on the seat... I sit my arse on the bare metal....
No, we were talking about THE Millennium M100 setup. I don't have much experience with summits, one thing I don't like about them is that they don't lay flat when stacked together on your back. But for $209 and the way that sentry looks I'd definitely be looking hard at it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I hope Summit figured out how to get the top portion to stay on the tree. The Open Shot I had was dangerous because it wouldn't grab the tree. Hell, Mike had to modify his to make it safer. Maybe he will chime in 'cause if I remember right, Summit hooked him up when he wrote them about it.

reo

N.E. Ohio
I hope Summit figured out how to get the top portion to stay on the tree. The Open Shot I had was dangerous because it wouldn't grab the tree. Hell, Mike had to modify his to make it safer. Maybe he will chime in 'cause if I remember right, Summit hooked him up when he wrote them about it.

A cam strap around the top portion and tree solved that for me to keep it bit in when bumped while standing.

One thing I will NEVER buy again is any stand weighing 21 pounds be it climber or hang on unless I can drive them to the tree.

Just 1 More

A cam strap around the top portion and tree solved that for me to keep it bit in when bumped while standing.

One thing I will NEVER buy again is any stand weighing 21 pounds be it climber or hang on unless I can drive them to the tree.

exactly