Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Faster, Slower, ???

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
seriously? dang. hmmmm. I have no clue why it's that slow for you.

I just tested it in Firefox, Chrome, and IE 8.. All of them load fairly fast 2-3 seconds except for about 1 in 10 clicks hangs in IE, but when i click again it loads instantly. Interesting. I'll keep looking into why only a couple o yall are still having issues. Do me a favor. Click on one of the links for "mark all forums as read" and see if that helps.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Thatas been my issue. Thge "new posts" page loads quickly but when I click on the first thread, it can take a 45-60 seconds to load. After that it seems to load threads quicker...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thatas been my issue. Thge "new posts" page loads quickly but when I click on the first thread, it can take a 45-60 seconds to load. After that it seems to load threads quicker...

The next time it takes that long. Click it again and let me know what it does. Thanks.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

mines runn ing fast except about every 8 clicks then it hangs for few seconds then i click it again and it goes right it

Let me know if it;s still doing it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not to add to your worries, but it has been a spuradic issue for me as well. Not something I am horribly concerned with, but I didn't want you to think it was just 2-3 guys. Things have been mostly better this week. Maybe a slight hesitation here and there. Nothing like some of the websites I get on. Plowsite is probably one of the slowest and worst about delays.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
At the very very bottom of the page I added a Counter to help me with trouble shooting issues. If you have any isues please copy that and paste it here for me.

For example this page for me says. "Page generated in 0.2848 seconds with 32 queries."

Glen

:smiley_chinrub:

The last two days has been painfully slow for me. The front page loads right away. The Forums page loads right away. The topic inside the Forum is what takes about 7 seconds to load on IE. Now when I come in from a FireFox bookmark everything is the same except the topic takes 10-15 seconds to load. It doesn't matter if the topic has 2 replies or 2 pages of replies. Maybe I need to change a setting? :smiley_chinrub:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
:smiley_chinrub:

The last two days has been painfully slow for me. The front page loads right away. The Forums page loads right away. The topic inside the Forum is what takes about 7 seconds to load on IE. Now when I come in from a FireFox bookmark everything is the same except the topic takes 10-15 seconds to load. It doesn't matter if the topic has 2 replies or 2 pages of replies. Maybe I need to change a setting? :smiley_chinrub:

I disabled a bunch of stuff in a shotgun approach. We'll see if that helps. Thanks for the heads up. I noticed it got a lot faster from the changes I made last time then slowed back down some. Let me know tomorrow evening sometime if that helped.

Glen

Page generated in 0.3408 seconds with 29 queries.

Didn't happen that fast this AM!! :tantrum: I had the same problem on a woodworking Forum & went to FireFox & it solved it. But I'll be darned if I know what is happening here.

Am I the only one? If so it's got to be on my end I would think. :smiley_chinrub: