Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Faster, Slower, ???

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It tried to get slow again this evening. I was poking around and noticed something strange. VBulletin defaults to "Store attachments in the Database" WTF I don;t want them there.. They should be in the File system... If they are in the DB it not only makes your DB size huge it also has to send a query each time you look at an attachment, and hold that query open until the attachment is shown to you... FUGG ME.. So I needed to get them out of there. Luckily VB has a tool that will yank them out and store them in the File system... The risk is the pointer link may not work if you go yanking things out of the DB... I bit the bullet and ran it knowing full well i could jack up every attachment we have ever uploaded... WALA.. Not a hitch... All the attachments went from the DB to the FS.. They look to all still work and all is fine... Here is the kicker..... Our DB size went from 190K to 80K just like that..... And the site sped back up immediately... Soooooooo happy surfing.. You may kiss my pinky ring now... lmao... or kick me in the ass for not catching that earlier... Glass half full / half empty... lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Its still screwing up. Looks like were migrating. Good new is this one should be quick and easy. Jesus this place is growing. Lol. I appreciate you guys patience with me her. Thanks.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am in on helping the cause. I will write it off as advertising expense! lol "Tree stands. Get your tree stands!"

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
LMAO. Go get um Joe. don't forget to post there number and the next time it crashes make sure the message says " (Host Name) Sucks ass and you should never use them "

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
This morn the "new posts" loaded in 0.02 seconds but the first post I clicked on was over a minut to load... Just sayen.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Joe just as an FYI I have been having issues as of late. The site loads fast enough but it takes forever to load most threads. When I get a slow progression bar if I click on it again (link/thread whatever) it will load immmediately usually. I am using I.E. (newest version).

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Joe just as an FYI I have been having issues as of late. The site loads fast enough but it takes forever to load most threads. When I get a slow progression bar if I click on it again (link/thread whatever) it will load immmediately usually. I am using I.E. (newest version).

Beentown

Thanks. Same here. I'm in the process of working on the new host getting it ready. :)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Beentown

Joe I just logged in and went to this thread and had to x out a couple of times for it to come up @ 1 point I ;et it sit to try and load for over a minute, Im like Been IE lastet version..... I'm using roadrunner also....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Beentown

Joe I just logged in and went to this thread and had to x out a couple of times for it to come up @ 1 point I ;et it sit to try and load for over a minute, Im like Been IE lastet version..... I'm using roadrunner also....

same as j , and charles , it started it this morning , i have dsl and usually with in a second , the full page pops up , but today its been taking almost a minute , but i click again and it goes right up

How has the click issue been for you guys today.. We have 33 members online right now.