Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

newby to this site

Doekilr

alabama
newby here. Thought I would join to try and maybe find some useful info on deer and turkey hunting in Ohio. I know that most public land hunters don't really like out of state hunters but that is what I am. I hunt nothing but public land here in Alabama but I also hunt in Kansas. Since Kansas has gotten absolutely ridiculous on their out of state hunting fees I'm done. I am going to spread my wings and try other states and see what happens. I would never ask someone to put me in their spot. All I would be looking for is somewhere where I can go and be able to see deer and turkeys. I don't have to see Boone and Crockett deer I just don't want to go and sit for days on end and not even see a deer. so maybe someone knows anywhere that might be a decent spot to go say middle of the state and west. like I said I'm not looking for your spot just a decent spot for an out of state newby trying out new places. Thanks for any info

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Welcome! I'm not much help on public ground either. Hope you stick around though. So whats it running total for Kansas now?

Fletch

Supporting Member
Oh No,,,, Not another non-resident... State is getting overrun by them... LOL... Just kidding I'm a non-resident TOO... Been on the site a little over a year now and I'll give it a thumbs up... Great bunch of guys on here... So grab a chair pop open a beer and enjoy the campfire... Welcome...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Welcome!
If you don't mind hilly terrain, you might wanna think about the south/southeastern part of the state.
Aaah hell, it don't matter where you go, there's deerz to be had...but the big spaces are s/se.

Enjoy the site!

Doekilr

alabama
for the licenses and permit it costs about 600. that has just put me out. I am about to go on my last turkey hunt up there this year. the turkey fees are not horrible but still costs about 185