Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What did you do for the deer today?

00buck

Put some red spot minerals out and a swamp donkey acorn block I got free when I bought a trail cam to replace one of the ones stolen earlier this year and posted the little plot I hunt I also put out a bag of bb2 attractant

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Bb2 is some good shit. They will destroy it in short order!

20170921_181603.jpg

Who woulda thought?....rotflmao

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I dispensed some more grape cool aid today. I also cut back on feeding times for one of the feeders to once a day. Both feeders are now spitting out to just once a day since the deer are accustomed & coming in at all hours.

00buck

I dispensed some more grape cool aid today. I also cut back on feeding times for one of the feeders to once a day. Both feeders are now spitting out to just once a day since the deer are accustomed & coming in at all hours.
What is this grape cool aid I keep seeing you guys talk about and what do you do with it

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I over do everything. Little is good a lot is better. We buy it in the economy size plastic canisters for like 2.50. 1/2 - 1 canister to a mineral site as needed.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Might as well not even mess with it now. They'll be off the minerals soon.

I disagree with that thought. As far as the mineral equation, yeah
But as long as there is something there that will attract them, they'll still come in . They're so acclimated to the sites by now, they'll instinctively come visit to a degree, so it can't hurt to continue to put something out.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I disagree with that thought. As far as the mineral equation, yeah
But as long as there is something there that will attract them, they'll still come in . They're so acclimated to the sites by now, they'll instinctively come visit to a degree, so it can't hurt to continue to put something out.
I've yet to see a doe, let alone a buck frequent a mineral site in late October through the end of season.