Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What did you do for the deer today?

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Blended in my blind on Friday to fake the deer out. Lol
Before and after pics.

Went down to camp to fill the feeders and cut a couple of saplings. Pulled the cards and see that the bucks are all shed. These young bucks seem to have moved into the area. They need a couple of years but look like they have potential. Also got a good picture of a very little fawn. He better hope it is a mild winter. Can't wait for October to get here and hopefully that brings some bigger buck into the area. Haven't got any pics of any shooters yet.

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

by cspot12, on Flickr

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've got a few of those spotted little fellas walkin around as well... Most the spots are barely noticeable...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anyone new move into an existing house that likes guns? I've seen that change patterns.

Nothing I am aware of. It isn't just the last couple weeks either. I'm talking all summer. This is a 150acre parcel. Outside of the farmers (which they see every year), I am seeing no new intrusions. I have another property down the road with roughly 15-20 acres of woods and another 50-75 tillable acres. Parcel south of it allows no hunting with another 20 acres of woods and estimated 40-60 acres tillable land. They are in beans this year too. I always see deer in these beans. I have seen them once or twice all summer. Starting to think I really need to get a camera over there for inventory. I never worried about it because it has only produced does and small bucks annually until roughly mid to late October. Guess I need to put an inventory camera out there to see where they are or if they are in there.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Twireman, that is TOO GOOD the Owl decoy worked for you. We have one down at the farm in the barn so it's good to know.

Blind looks GREAT Brian. BIG difference!

Oh yea, I dumped another shit-load of apples~~ Imagine that!rotflmao

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Lots of fun stuff around here! I started 3 mock scrapes yesterday with my first ever use of Johnson Valley Scents Wall Hanger gel. Hoping for good results cause that stuff sure was stank!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Around a 150 lbs of apples, final weed whacking a few areas and made a couple ground blinds on some travel routes I've had my eye on over the years...
See what the net is off of this....

Jesse I'm goi g to finally order some of it and give it a whirl, haven't really ever messed with that type of hunting with attractants but hell don't have many wall hangers not trying it either lol....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Supposed to get some heavy rain tonight and tomorrow so I sowed some clover on the west side of the farm on a main N-S trail.
Put a camera on the trail yesterday. Last year a got one picture of a nice buck on that trail. Plus it's only 100 yds from the house in a heavy brush area.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Around a 150 lbs of apples, final weed whacking a few areas and made a couple ground blinds on some travel routes I've had my eye on over the years...
See what the net is off of this....

Jesse I'm goi g to finally order some of it and give it a whirl, haven't really ever messed with that type of hunting with attractants but hell don't have many wall hangers not trying it either lol....

If Papaw Silverback and that lunatic brother of his endorse it, I'm sold! lmao