Untitled
Untitled
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do for the deer today?

Thanks, tc
    country boy is all I'll ever be.....

Dustin not sure how many, he didn't say. There has been a no doe policy for the last 3 years so that should make for some better hunting though
    Haha Chad, we should make that happen, probably not to far from you, as my Grandpas farm is in Dundee, not sure about the 400 acres, I had to work some magic for him to give me a permit, lol
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

<span style="color:green"> <b> *Supporting Member* </b></span> Bigslam51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelzd28 View Post
    Dustin not sure how many, he didn't say. There has been a no doe policy for the last 3 years so that should make for some better hunting though
    Haha Chad, we should make that happen, probably not to far from you, as my Grandpas farm is in Dundee, not sure about the 400 acres, I had to work some magic for him to give me a permit, lol
    I was just messing with you, but Dundee is only 15 minutes from me. Maybe we can meet up some evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslam51 View Post
    I'd definitely hang a stand somewhere on the edge of that path they cleared, and get your stands hung tomorrow
    I don't disagree. I should be hanging stands in the rain right now. This thing called work is getting in the way. Then kids activities tonight.
    Hicks Lawn Services, LLC

dba Hank Tucker Outdoors

I ordered corn $ 6 per bag.
    99%er

Yeah definitely, if you need help pulling that 250" Stark giant out of the woods just let me know.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

<span style="color:green"> <b> *Supporting Member* </b></span> Bigslam51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelzd28 View Post
    Yeah definitely, if you need help pulling that 250" Stark giant out of the woods just let me know.

I almost gave a doe a Hummer......
    She jumped right out in front of me. If it wasn't for my cat like instincts she woulda been wheel meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    I almost gave a doe a Hummer......
    She jumped right out in front of me. If it wasn't for my cat like instincts she woulda been wheel meat.
    38 more post to go! Keep talking, Weebles.
    "There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer." -Jimmy Doolittle

Took a morning drive. 3-4 5min covering the areas I hunt close to home a couple times. 2 deer in one spot. 1 deer in another. Hopefully just a feeding pattern with not much movement. Sure seems like I haven't been seeing deer in my normal deer scouting loops as frequently this year. Fields of beans that almost always show 4-6-8 deer haven't shown any this year. Trail cameras show them around. Just seems as if they aren't feeding the same bean fields they normally have in the past. No logical explanation. Similar crop rotations as the last 10yrs.
    Hicks Lawn Services, LLC

dba Hank Tucker Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by hickslawns View Post
    Took a morning drive. 3-4 5min covering the areas I hunt close to home a couple times. 2 deer in one spot. 1 deer in another. Hopefully just a feeding pattern with not much movement. Sure seems like I haven't been seeing deer in my normal deer scouting loops as frequently this year. Fields of beans that almost always show 4-6-8 deer haven't shown any this year. Trail cameras show them around. Just seems as if they aren't feeding the same bean fields they normally have in the past. No logical explanation. Similar crop rotations as the last 10yrs.
    One farm I hunt has a rotation of beans and they're there every year in varying locations.... The bean field this year is located across a lane and have yet to see a deer in it this fall while scouting in the evenings......
    "Risk reveals what you value."

Quote Originally Posted by "J" View Post
    One farm I hunt has a rotation of beans and they're there every year in varying locations.... The bean field this year is located across a lane and have yet to see a deer in it this fall while scouting in the evenings......
    That is what I am saying. They are in the beans in certain fields every other year or every third year normally. Sometimes mornings. Sometimes evenings. This year I have seen them very few scouting trips. Scratching my head. No obvious changes in human traffic, development, or poor crops. I don't know. Haven't been inside the woods much. Maybe the acorn crop is rocking this year and they aren't coming out until after dark? I dunno.
    Hicks Lawn Services, LLC

dba Hank Tucker Outdoors

Anyone new move into an existing house that likes guns? I've seen that change patterns.

Live in Summit County - Hunt in Carroll County
    I was thinking along the same line as Dave. Any new intrusions in the area? Deer adapt to change, but something new they see as a threat will change daily patterns.
    IT ALL CHANGES IN THAT ONE MAGIC MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by hickslawns View Post
    That is what I am saying. They are in the beans in certain fields every other year or every third year normally. Sometimes mornings. Sometimes evenings. This year I have seen them very few scouting trips. Scratching my head. No obvious changes in human traffic, development, or poor crops. I don't know. Haven't been inside the woods much. Maybe the acorn crop is rocking this year and they aren't coming out until after dark? I dunno.
    I was having the same thoughts as it's all beans around my house this year but I was barely seeing any deer in the evening. I thought it was maybe just mass crop but after I have seen how sub par the red and white oaks have been around finally took the initiative to do some walking around. Found at least a dozen deer so far dead couple hundred yards from the bean fields in the creek bottoms. Finally answered the question but unfortunately wasn't the answer I was looking for hope your guys situation pans out a little different but I was in a very similar situation where I thought it was weird the lack of deer sightings.

*Supporting Member*
    Quote Originally Posted by giles View Post
    Anyone new move into an existing house that likes guns? I've seen that change patterns.
    The boys shoot pistol, rifle, shotgun and full auto almost 7 days a week here on our farm target range. And there is no difference in deer attitude or movement. The neighbors may not like it but at least the sheriff has stopped coming. The sheriff checked the backstop safety and said OK then they shoot the full autos and smile and ask to come back.
    The boys shoot 3 gun matches and practice almost everyday on our target range. IMHO if your not shooting and missing deer it makes no difference.
    "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid."-John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by MK111 View Post
    The boys shoot pistol, rifle, shotgun and full auto almost 7 days a week here on our farm target range. And there is no difference in deer attitude or movement. The neighbors may not like it but at least the sheriff has stopped coming. The sheriff checked the backstop safety and said OK then they shoot the full autos and smile and ask to come back.
    The boys shoot 3 gun matches and practice almost everyday on our target range. IMHO if your not shooting and missing deer it makes no difference.
    Those deer are used to it, HUGE difference. That's like comparing city deer

Quote Originally Posted by giles View Post
    Those deer are used to it, HUGE difference. That's like comparing city deer
    X2 there, Dave.

I dumped a huge pile of apples😎, at two different spots.

Dumped some corn for the coons, I mean, deer
    "I wish Uncle Sam would give damn about the man whose collar's blue."
    -Eric Church

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast