Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anybody making summer vacation plans yet ?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We just got back from our trip to North Myrtle Beach. We stayed at the North Beach Plantation for like the 8th or 9th time in the last 10'years so I guess you can say it's up our alley. Lol

Mom,Ron and his wife and daughter stayed at a place about 3 miles down the beach from us. Ron came over and hung out for a day and we met them for dinner a couple nights as well which was great. Weather was beautiful every day and we were really needing this trip to rest and unwind. We had a great time but it's now back to reality.....ugh

Gonna use tomorrow to ease back into our regular daily routine and enjoy my girls for Father's Day.

Here are a few pics from our trip....

Love these sunrises(about 6:05-6:10am)

My last morning sunrise was bittersweet

Here's the view off our 8th floor balcony looking south down the beach. Ron was staying a few hotels down from the Apache Pier you see in the distance.

After 30 to 40 trips to MB I finally took the time to checkout a joint I've been wanting to hit! Glad I did! We will go there a couple times every trip from here on out. Listened to a band out of Pensacola Florida called FORTAG two nights in a row. They were pretty good but we all loved the atmosphere there as well. If you ever go to Myrtle I highly suggest the HOB!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here's a view looking down to some of the pool amenities NBP has to offer. My BIL and I hung out around the swim up bar most of the day staying hydrated.....:smiley_coolpeace:

Can't forget a ATL shark tooth pic....rotflmao

Hope y'all have a great vacation yourselves and get home safe as well! Lots of traffic and crazy drivers out there...wow!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like you guys had a great time Ric. Good for you!

Erin is talking about heading west. It is a trip we have always wanted to do. Finding the time to do a vacation out west is my main issue. Compound that with the cost and the fact my Dad isn't in the greatest shape makes it tough this year. We don't want to wait until the kids are out of the house as a trip like this would be a fantastic memory for them. I don't know. Maybe we will just do it. Maybe we will end up camping in a new place instead for a long weekend.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just noticed you can't see the Apache Pier in the 3rd pic but it's there just beyond the first 3-4 hotels on the other side of the green space beyond the small inlet. They evidently did some work on the inlet because this is the first time I've ever seen it not be chest to neck high during high tide. It gets not much over your knees now. Me and the girls had a 4-5 foot blacktip shark cross in front of us at 7-8 yards heading back out to sea a few years ago. They still talk about it so it's a memory made...:smiley_clap:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well guys, I'm sure you are as I am as well. Just hard to see my phone screen with all the glare when I did have it with me which wasn't much. The pics I posted were about all I took other that of my family. Lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
SMDH!!! Never had the TV on all week other than saw my BIL watching the last few minutes of the Stanley Cup finals. I was in bed by 11-11:30 every night and much further up in North Myrtle which is much more family oriented.

POS punk gotta pull his piece cuz he got his ass and ego beat. Pathetic!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm shocked that it was some of our fine African American citizens engaging in such behaviors.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
One of my favorite activities at the pool & beach last year was going around & asking bathing beauties to join me in a selfie pic, so I can share here & make you guys envious. I'm going to do so again this year ... & maybe one will finally actually let me....lol