Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anybody making summer vacation plans yet ?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well I am getting married in July and heading to the Amalfi Coast on the Honeymoon end of August/Early Sept. Super excited to get back to Europe and a part of Italy I have never been! Plus getting hitched, should be a great summer!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Well I am getting married in July and heading to the Amalfi Coast on the Honeymoon end of August/Early Sept. Super excited to get back to Europe and a part of Italy I have never been! Plus getting hitched, should be a great summer!
Congrats, Al!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Awesome! Congrats man. Post lots of pics. Especially from the wedding night. Lmao. I kid I kid.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Awesome news buddy, congrats and enjoy the alone time....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hell yes Joe, enjoy!

Congrats on the marriage Al, and look forward to lots of pictures from Europe.
One of these days I'm going to visit one of these islands and never come back. Just call Jessica's real estate aunt and tell her to sell the house.

I told Jessica last night that when I turn 50 were moving somewhere in the Caribbean. We have 14 years to prepare for it. Maybe start a little B&B and open a beach bar. I have no clue yet. But what I do know is I'm not commuting an hour to rot in an office making someone else rich the rest of my life. There's a better way to live that this sure as fuck ain't it. You only get one life, just one. You gotta live that bitch not spend it locked away in an office building. I'll sell snowcones on the beach if I have to. Sterling will be 14 and can home school over the Internet.

I wanted to buy a catamaran and sail the leeward chain until I saw that a nice used catamaran with good amenities was 200k+

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks everyone. I'm friends with a lot of you on Facebook and I realized I never did announce it on here. Anyhow before I highjack this thread we are excited to be in southern Italy this summer.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Booked our trip to Bonaire today for May. Flights were $1,024 total for two and the hotel was $1,050 for 8 nights. So for right at 2k that's a trip to the south Caribbean for two! We booked a 1 bedroom king suite with a kitchen at the Marriott Resort that was just built in December for $102 a night plus taxes. Can't beat it! In comparison the Marriott Resort in St Thomas is $298 a night! And flights were 500 more. Total I think it would have been like 4k+ the Caribbean can be done for relatively cheap if you hunt around. Now bonaire isn't some big party and drinking island with crazy tourist stuff. It's only about 5 miles wide and the real beauty lies under the water. Clear water, cold beer, and a healthy reef with low tourism is my idea of paradise.

Fuggin awesome, dude. Have fun

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Just finished mapping out trip. Flying to Denver, renting an RV, then South Dakota, Custer state park to see wildlife, mt Rushmore, crazy horse, Sturgis, then across Wyoming through Big Horn national forest, then 5 days in Yellowstone and Grand Tetons with lots of site seeing and hiking, then a haul down to Colorado for some jeeping in the mountains, pikes peak, Air Force Academy, then back to Denver. Should be an awesome 11 days, if my 3 sons and my wife and I don't kill each other. Lol