Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trail Camera

Hoytman62

I'm curious on how you have your Trail Camera set up? Is you delay set on 5 minutes or 10 seconds. Set on 1 Picture or 2 on one burst. What do you think are the best settings for long battery life? Thanks!

Anymore battery life on the new trail cameras is great, so I no longer really worry about settings for a long battery life.

As far as settings it depends on where it is set. If setting on a trail situation where deer are just moving thru, I will set for the shortest delay and will usually set for 3 picture burst. It is surprising how many other deer you get on the 3rd picture. If setting on bait then I will usually set it for 1 pic every minute.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I have 2 Spartans that have been out since early September, still on the same batteries. They take 12 AA's though, they were originally set on one photo with a 10 second delay. Now I have them on 2 photo burst, 15 second delay.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Anymore battery life on the new trail cameras is great, so I no longer really worry about settings for a long battery life.

As far as settings it depends on where it is set. If setting on a trail situation where deer are just moving thru, I will set for the shortest delay and will usually set for 3 picture burst. It is surprising how many other deer you get on the 3rd picture. If setting on bait then I will usually set it for 1 pic every minute.

Ditto. I am getting more into video mode now for turkeys and deer on scrapes.

I set my cams low for better pics. It makes bucks look more "majestic". I also clean out all brush in front of the cam so the pic has a clean appearance. I will take a chainsaw and weedeater to create better photo ops and check for possible background settings like early morning/late evening skies. I started putting more thought into my cam set-ups after watching a Jim Shockey episode where he and his cameraman had a contest to capture the perfect "kill shot". They put a lot of thought into it. I get some great pics and videos now.