Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bad news...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
My wifes Grandpa has been having issues with his kidneys. He was trampled by his livestock (bovine) two years ago and it all started from there. He is a great man. His kidneys are only functioning at 5% and he has decided to for go treatment. He is 86 and knows that he has lived a full life and knows where he is headed.

He has farmed our land down in Warsaw for 60 years. He still did all the hay this summer after all that he had been through. He is a Army vet that was in the Great War and has all the medals to prove it.

Old School "real" man that will be missed. God is getting a fine one his way soon.

"and He promises that all who believe in Him have eternal life" - John 6.47

Beentown

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
He sounds like a lot of the "greatest generation" that I have been privileged to know. We are losing them to quickly now.

I pray that his last days can be comfortable.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
He sounds like a lot of the "greatest generation" that I have been privileged to know. We are losing them to quickly now.

I pray that his last days can be comfortable.

Well put Sam. My feeling exactly.

My thoughts and prayers to your family Been

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dang Been. Sucks to loose someone so close but it seems like he and the family are at peace. God Speed.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Sorry Been! He will be going to a far better place. Doesn't make it easy on those left behind but is a comfort.!

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Sorry to hear this, sounds like your gonna lose a great example of how to live your life.

I can't blame him for not doing the dialisis thing. My wife works in this field and the treatments suck.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sorry Been! He will be going to a far better place. Doesn't make it easy on those left behind but is a comfort.!

Ted hit on the head... Sucks for us left behind but it is the cycle we are dealt, doesn't mean we have to like..... Hope he has a dignified end.....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
It adds a certain peace to losing a loved one when you know you will get to see them on the other side. Prayers to you and your family Beener.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I can't say more than what the others have already said. Prayers coming to you and your family.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry to hear this Charles. Ohiosam nailed it. Couldn't say any more than what has been said. Sounds like a great example to live by.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys. My wife is crushed. Even though we new it was coming sooner rather than later. She spent every summer there.

Beentown