Untitled
Untitled
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Show them to me!

<span style="color:green"> <b> *Supporting Member* </b></span> Bigslam51's Avatar
    Looks good!!!

*Supporting Member* finelyshedded's Avatar
    Very nice mount! Glad you finally got it back. Congrats
    Last edited by finelyshedded; 12-17-2017 at 11:07 AM.
    Carrying a shed or two for several hours while you continue to look for more early in a hunt is a burden but I'll try to work through it.....

Thanks guys!

Good evening Mr. Giles!

How is the walleye fishing up your way? Did you have a good deer season?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Merrie View Post
    Good evening Mr. Giles!

How is the walleye fishing up your way? Did you have a good deer season?
    Haha! How’ve you been buddy? My deer and walleye have been shit. Sitting in a pile of deer tags and no white meat in my freezer. Life took me on a different path this year and I’ve yet to recover.
    "There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer." -Jimmy Doolittle

Well deer is red meat not white, and walleye is white flesh not meat. Hope it turns around for you quick like! Here's my buck mount. Even the wife kinda likes it!

The other two are this year's. On the hoof and on the sled. I actually was after a different buck who was less co-operative. He did come by me on the last evening of archery with a doe he was tending but it was just one trail too far to shoot...

You will notice a lot of mud on his antlers in the sled picture. When I shot him with my 25 06 he took off on the death run across a plowed field. His head went down, then the whole body shot straight up in the air as he did a full end over end 360, landing in the direction he was running. It was a nice show, especially as he showed up as I said in another post at the same day, hour, minute and place as last year's. It was the first Wednesday of rifle at 5pm! LOL

About 10 minutes before he showed up, I heard a buck growl to my left and upwind. Every deer in the field looked up at the same time. Then he shows up to my right 10 minutes later, following 3 doe, but before he came out all the other deer in the field took off running. I thought the land owner was coming up to check on me, which he does sometimes, much to my frustration... But those 3 doe kept me still till he came out! Good fortune for sure. Thank you Lord! took him at about 150 yards. Had ranged him earlier at 158 yards. He has 12 you can hang a ring on and is a gnarly thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Attach109_20170215_190529.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	58974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagejpeg_0(2).jpg 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	58975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my buck 2017.jpg 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	58976  

Great story and bucks! Congrats

*Supporting Member* finelyshedded's Avatar
    Congratulations mm! Those are two beautiful deer! Thanks for sharing. What state are you hunting in?
    Carrying a shed or two for several hours while you continue to look for more early in a hunt is a burden but I'll try to work through it.....

Quote Originally Posted by finelyshedded View Post
    Congratulations mm! Those are two beautiful deer! Thanks for sharing. What state are you hunting in?
    Usually the state of confusion...

I am in northwestern Pa. about 20 miles east of the Ohio line. Thanks!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678