Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buying land that boarders Blue Rock state park

Murphy31

Western Mass
Any one know anything about area. I was reading some things about the hunting on Blue Rock, and they weren't the most positive. I know the county is usually up there in harvest, but the not so good post about Blue Rock have me asking myself if it'll be worth it. Also I'm worried about people coming on the property from the state land. So, worth it or not?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Maybe go down and talk to the neighbors? Know nothing about the area but if in your shoes I'd be searching every outlet. Good Luck!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I know guys who used to hunt Blue Rock every year. I don't believe they hunt there anymore. They simply weren't seeing deer. Not sure if they did much scouting or moving around when they hunted. Maybe they hunted the same spots year after year? I really don't know.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
We hunted Blue Rock for four years. The first year we all saw deer but couldnt connect. After that year the population of deer dropped dramatically. The worst thing was that oit of 6 guys that hunted for four years we never saw any mature deer and not very many does. When we drove around at night outside the state park we saw a ton of deer so i dont know if they were all pressured off state land by the time we went or not.