Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting Lease.....

Fletch

Supporting Member
We have a 17 acre piece out in Illinois that sits dead center in a funnel between 2 bigger pieces of hardwoods... Got a guy from Pa. that hunts it... He comes back with more stories every night then you want to hear. And he shoots deer every year... Can't tear him out of that patch...

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats, Frank! Good to see you around these parts again. Do you think the lack of bow hunting helped you this year?

No I missed the rut entirely. Didn't get into the buck moving period. I did put up another elevated tower in the rut movement pattern for early bow season. When I put the food plot in it changed the deer movement completely. Before the food plots the deer moved through my woods as a pinch point. Now almost no deer movement through the woods so I turned the woods into a off limits area. I've noticed a lot of deer coming out of the woods into the food plots.
The bucks pass through the food plot looking for does. Plus finally this year the bucks are feeding in the food plot.
It sure isn't like you see on the hunting TV shows. LOL

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats on your successful season Frank! Glad your hard work and money invested is paying off for you! Welcome back!:smiley_clap: