Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tulster Kydex Holster Review

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
What kind of guns are y'all carrying? It will ease your mind about accidental discharge if you research how these guns work. A Glock for example has like three internal safeties on the firing pin. The gun CANNOT go off unless the trigger is pulled. In a good holster, this can't happen.

Shield 9MM
It’s a mental thing plus it’s more comfortable at the 4-5 position

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Shield 9MM
It’s a mental thing plus it’s more comfortable at the 4-5 position

No, I got that part. You gotta carry it where it's comfortable. I was addressing the others who fear shooting themselves in the dick. I was that way originally too. But most modern striker-fire pistols, Shield included, have two or three passive safeties that make firing without actually squeezing the trigger virtually impossible. Once you understand how the gun functions, the "mental thing" goes away. Or at least, it should.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well it’s been about a month and a half and no complaints so far other then the screws worked themselves loose once so far and I tightened them up and if it happens again I’ll loktite them the next time.
Comfort wise, I have to feel for it periodically to see if it’s still there... Even driving wearing it you barely feel it.
All in all very pleased with it so far. Thanks for bringing this post up JB glad I bought it so far.

Reactions: GoetsTalon

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well it’s been about a month and a half and no complaints so far other then the screws worked themselves loose once so far and I tightened them up and if it happens again I’ll loktite them the next time.
Comfort wise, I have to feel for it periodically to see if it’s still there... Even driving wearing it you barely feel it.
All in all very pleased with it so far. Thanks for bringing this post up JB glad I bought it so far.

Great to hear, J! I'm glad you like it. I always wear mine for a week or two to figure out what clip angle I like best, then I loktite all the screws. Just a little better peace of mind.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Tulster number 3 came in the mail today. This one for a gen 5 Glock 26. This is probably going to replace my Shield for the majority of my carrying hours. Same footprint as the shield but just a little thicker since it's a double stack.

While I'm on the subject of product reviews, I have to give credit to these Talon grips as well. These things are really sweet.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well it’s been 6 months of carrying with the Tulster and I haven’t changed my mind any on this thing... Just got back from being out shopping and then dinner with the wife. 6+ hours of wearing and most of the time I can’t actually feel that I’m wearing it. Almost too comfortable if that can be....

Thanks again JB for the heads up on this holster....

Reactions: MoonLab

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Might try one for the Glock 26. Tried to order one for the Airweight. Not offered for that model. I think the ol 642 would be perfect for appendix carry. Darn shame.

Reactions: aholdren

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well it’s been 6 months of carrying with the Tulster and I haven’t changed my mind any on this thing... Just got back from being out shopping and then dinner with the wife. 6+ hours of wearing and most of the time I can’t actually feel that I’m wearing it. Almost too comfortable if that can be....

Thanks again JB for the heads up on this holster....

[emoji106] Glad to help. Although it sucks I had to go through about $300 in holsters before finding Tulster. Lol

Wore mine today while out on several jobsites and 4 hours behind the wheel. Very comfortable and easy to forget about it being there. Simple and effective.

Reactions: MoonLab

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Might try one for the Glock 26. Tried to order one for the Airweight. Not offered for that model. I think the ol 642 would be perfect for appendix carry. Darn shame.

You should've said something down at Bellefontaine. Had mine in the truck. You could have test drove it for a few hours. My 26 is all I carry anymore. I can't remember the last time I picked up my Shield.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
8 months into it and no issues. Really like it and if/when I get another weapon it’ll have a Tulster surrounding it.... Wife actually wants another handgun in the house. Soooo, who am I too argue....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Tulster number 3 came in the mail today. This one for a gen 5 Glock 26. This is probably going to replace my Shield for the majority of my carrying hours. Same footprint as the shield but just a little thicker since it's a double stack.

While I'm on the subject of product reviews, I have to give credit to these Talon grips as well. These things are really sweet.

Looks like you and I are in the same boat, got a 26 gen 5 for Xmas and will be ordering another tulster here shortly.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like you and I are in the same boat, got a 26 gen 5 for Xmas and will be ordering another tulster here shortly.
That's an excellent Christmas gift! You're going to love that 26. I carry it 99% of the time nowadays... It's just the right mix of size and capacity. Even with the short grip, strangely enough I tend to shoot it better than any of my other handguns. It just points where I want it to so naturally.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That's an excellent Christmas gift! You're going to love that 26. I carry it 99% of the time nowadays... It's just the right mix of size and capacity. Even with the short grip, strangely enough I tend to shoot it better than any of my other handguns. It just points where I want it to so naturally.
My SIL is a big Glock guy (he’s law enforcement) we were out too dinner Friday night and he found some magpul extended mags for $12 ea. I have 2 on the way. It’s very comparable too the shield. Although according too him it’s an Apple too oranges comparison 😂...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My SIL is a big Glock guy (he’s law enforcement) we were out too dinner Friday night and he found some magpul extended mags for $12 ea. I have 2 on the way. It’s very comparable too the shield. Although according too him it’s an Apple too oranges comparison 😂...
I have a few extended mags for it and I really don't care for them, at least not for concealed carry. If I want to carry with a larger grip I'll just carry my 19. The extended mags are fun for the range though.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I have a few extended mags for it and I really don't care for them, at least not for concealed carry. If I want to carry with a larger grip I'll just carry my 19. The extended mags are fun for the range though.

I’ll give em a whirl, but if they don’t feel right I’ll follow the same thing you said. Range mags. The one I currently have seems pretty comfortable. We’ll see how it does in the holster.

Reactions: jagermeister

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Now that I have some AR builds complete, it's time to think about that 26 again. My buddy said I should try his 43 before fully committing to it. Once this weather decides to change for the better, ill get him over to shoot it. I'm also curious about taking a Tulster for a test drive and see how it feels in comparison to the Alien Gear.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
This holster has a lot of positive reviews! Going to get one for my little Glock 42 for appendix carry. A lot of cool colors but will probably end up getting the black. I also like how they are oversized just a bit to help the wear on the gun finish.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
This holster has a lot of positive reviews! Going to get one for my little Glock 42 for appendix carry. A lot of cool colors but will probably end up getting the black. I also like how they are oversized just a bit to help the wear on the gun finish.
Since it’s concealed I just stick with black, cheaper option also. They were on sale 10.00 off for the black