Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
53 right now in North East Ohio, the thaw is on but were to get hit again starting tomorrow with rain then changing over to snow, up to 9''.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Took delivery of another load of salt. That means it likely will not snow. Lol IMG_20180111_122607.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
All weather people on the news are most accurate about is explaining what is actually happening in real time on the Doppler Radar screen which we all have excess to on our phones. If it’s a green blob over you it’s raining,pink it’s sleet and freezing rain and if it’s white it’s snow. Therefore I really don’t watch or listen to them as much as looking outside and keeping a close eye on the My Radar app is all I really need.

Weather folks on the news are most appreciated and closely monitored during severe storms with high winds and tornados though.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Lol Phil, but it does seem that way a lot doesn’t it?!? Still plenty of winter left though.
Yes there is. We are sitting on 40-50ton of bulk salt now. That is generally what I like to have in the bins at the end of winter for going into the next winter. Saves paying out of pocket at the start of the season. If we don't use anymore of this I'm okay with it. Something tells me we will be using some of this.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Something tells me Phil is going to have busy weekend.

Columbus to Cleveland sounds like the line to be hit with heaviest snow. We are looking at up to 1/10th inch freezing rain and then 1-3" snow. Far cry from the "up to 16 inches" they were calling for a couple days ago. Still going to be over 50 degrees after midnight. Over 40 degrees when the sun is rising. Ground temps will be decently warm. We may see 1-3" but I'm not sure how much will melt as it hits the ground.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
54 right now in Ashtabula but it's going to get nasty. Rain, Ice and then snow, calling for 9'' here. All the schools are closed and some businesses. I got a email from corporate to now drive today and work from home.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
58 here still, pulled down the Xmas decorations outside. Salted the walks and stairs so we’ll see what happens....
Snowblower is prepped and the neighbors 2 stage walk behind is prepped if needed. Bring it on. [emoji23]