Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 Random shed thread

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Havn't really started looking yet as still have several bucks holding.
Did find this nice 4 point 68 inch shed while checking cams a couple weeks ago,i have a set from this buck 2 yrs ago also.
Will prob start looking in another week. 0203171038.jpg
0203171038b.jpg0203171414.jpg

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Also yesterday while riding the quad checking snares i saw this buck that had shed,as i went by he laid his head flat on the ground,while coming back by he laid as flat as he could and i stopped and took a couple pics and went on.
He thought he was pretty sneaky.
Pretty cool though. Lol0217170944.jpg0217170944a.jpg
Dang dont know why my pics keep postin sideways.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Some pretty nice sheds on this thread!

I made it out today for a bit and found 2. One from last year and a fresh one from a deer we know well. Both were spotted from the quad, and boy was my daughter excited when she spotted one!

IMG_5386.JPG

IMG_5390.JPG

IMG_5394.JPG

My friend was also out there and found one side of 'The Gimp', if you saw my late muzzy thread. It was hanging in a small bush and is quite massive.

IMG_5395.JPG

IMG_5389.JPG

I also found some beaver sign. I'll be after them next weekend!

IMG_5382.JPG

IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5385.JPG

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
How you liking his weather???? Walked a property today while my beagle chased a rabbit for an hour lol.... Nothing like killing two birds with one stone....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Some pretty nice sheds on this thread!

I made it out today for a bit and found 2. One from last year and a fresh one from a deer we know well. Both were spotted from the quad, and boy was my daughter excited when she spotted one!

View attachment 52350

View attachment 52352

View attachment 52353

My friend was also out there and found one side of 'The Gimp', if you saw my late muzzy thread. It was hanging in a small bush and is quite massive.

View attachment 52354

View attachment 52351

I also found some beaver sign. I'll be after them next weekend!

View attachment 52347

View attachment 52348

View attachment 52349

Great day spent with some great finds!:smiley_clap:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Rabbit hunted two properties today, saw 8 bucks ranging from spikes too a nice 140-150" 8 point.... All sporting racks....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yep, the big one ran across a field and bedded down behind a shopping center on the hillside.... Crazy.... His G2/3's were close to 12" tall.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I know it's all about testosterone, but this mild weather has to have something to do with so many hanging on longer.

We were done bunny hunting and sitting in my buddies driveway after feeding and watering the dogs, and here come these bucks heading towards us at about 300 yards.... I opened the door of the truck to grab the binos (thanks Phil) to get a better look and the big one decided he didn't like that.... High tailed it back into the woodlot.... The other 3 just stopped and stared at us at about 150 yards....

They finally hightailed it where the big one went in... Then about 5 minutes later they exited too the south of the woodlot and I got glass on the big one.... Telling Dick I'm hoping he drops a side running across the field lol....

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Lots of nice bone found so far this year. I've been out three time so far and brought home four. One for sure from this year (and my first hanger), a matched set from the year before (first matched set found laying side by side), and one I'm not sure about. It doesn't have a wax ring around the base, but it isn't chewed up either, and it was in a spot I walked trough quite a bit this past season. Don't recognize the horn either, but I haven't looked back through pics a ton.