Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio vs PA fishery?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Here's my best Ohio river small mouth, caught it during a tournament a few years back... just a shade over 5lbs and we had a 5 fish limit that topped 15lbs....

IMG_8338.JPG

The Ohio produces some great small mouth and is a blast too fish....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wow thats good one!!! did you guys win with that limit?

Yeah, we had almost 5lbs over second place.... When I first hooked it I swore it was a sheep head lol... Never came up too the top wanted to stay on the bottom.... Finally got it to the top and about shit when I saw it lol.... Buddy got it into the net and sealed the win lol.... Funnest part about it a couple guys fishing against us were about 50 yards away from us all morning lol..... We caught a limit of good keepers all within a hundred foot stretch....

Fletch

Supporting Member
'J" Very Nice smallmouth... Congrats on the fish and tournament...

Been over it a few times just never on it lol.... Hear it's a great small mouth fishery as well....

yea i fish it alot and i dont think there is any river that can compare with it. you should make sure to fish it sometime, if the fish are biting it may be the best day of smallmouth fishing you ever seen. my last trip i didnt have a scale so i dont no weight but i caught one over 21 inches 3 over 20 and 7 over 19 inches plus a ton over 17. i dont plan on finding fishing like that in ohio unlesss im on erie but i just figured id let you know that you should add that to the bucket list if you like smallmouth fishing.