Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Summer Shoot Food Thread

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
national-watermelon-day-is-august-3rd-and-that-means-youll-need-some-wat_1625_651761_0_14087351_.jpg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'll probably bring one of those blueberry cakes that I took down to Dustin and bearded Chad's. I think I also have a backstrap left I can bring, I'll have to check.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I'll probably bring one of those blueberry cakes that I took down to Dustin and bearded Chad's. I think I also have a backstrap left I can bring, I'll have to check.

Did somebody say blueberry cakes? :pickle:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'll be prepared to do fries and can donate eggs to the cause if Dan would rather not buy eggs. I will have pie (liquid form) as well. Probably bring plenty of mustard with cheese and summer sausage for snacks.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Damn I miss frog gigging.
Such great memories of our grandfather taking us as kids.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a gig, Jim. Maybe those ponds at Mingo hold a few croakers😎
No gig necessary brother. Just a bright ass flashlight and your bare hands. I don't really like to use gigs because once you gig one you either have to keep it or it gets away wounded. By catching by hand you get to really size one up and determine whether or not to throw it on the stringer. And if you miss, it'll be back up to try again in a few minutes.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
No gig necessary brother. Just a bright ass flashlight and your bare hands. I don't really like to use gigs because once you gig one you either have to keep it or it gets away wounded. By catching by hand you get to really size one up and determine whether or not to throw it on the stringer. And if you miss, it'll be back up to try again in a few minutes.
I've honestly only been frog gigging once, it was last year with my cousin's husband. I did pretty good for my first time, got 8 I think. We plan on going out soon so I'll have to try the bare hand method. You do most of your frogging from a boat, right?