Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I know sumpin good

jlane

dunn nc
THUMB_100EK113-EK000369.JPG
OK enough waiting, It was the wife,Karon,
With everything going on this year with her dad, she hasn.t had time to hunt much,
He finally lost his battle with cancer.
Lost him christmas morning.
So she wanted to get away from home a couple of weeks, so we decided to ride up to ohio and let her do whatever she wanted to do.
She wanted to sit and see what would come out and I had this one coming in regular, so we decided to sit on him.
About 5;00 pm I saw him coming from down the hill, told her to get ready, she could not see him from sitting lower than me.
After about 8/10 minutes he finally stepped out where she could see him.
No shot, he finally came and hopped the fence, then headed for the corn after scent checking several times.
We thought he would never give her the shot she needed, then after 20 min or so he turns broadside and started to jump the fence and she released and BAM, arrow went high hitting spine,NO tracking needed,
She quickly reloaded after he drug out to 52 yds and put the next arrow thru the heart and lungs.
GAME OVER, look out, Steaks on the grill tomorrow night. Yea boy.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Condolences too you both on the loss of her father..... Congrats to her for getting a great buck....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Nice job, I hope it was therapy for her and took her mind off things for a while.
Tell her good job on the patience, way to get it done.