Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Interesting video

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
I've seen that video and tried to mount my cameras higher up. I take a turkey strut seat, and it lets me mount my camera about 9-10' up. Also, harder to steal as the average person can't reach it. I wedge a big piece of bark or tree branch in on the top to angle the camera down. Seems to work just fine. Over the summer I ran my cams on pic. I've switched to video, so I'm anxious to see what I get in my first post season inventory pull in about a week. I have my cams in bow hunting only areas so, I'm anxious to see what's still running around.

gpb1111

I would assume more people would result in more tolerance for human scent. We too have urban zones to hunt and I feel it is easier to hunt these deer than the deer that seldom see, smell, or hear people in their direct environment. With more hunters I would assume that would mean more cams out, etc. I mean where are the deer gonna go to avoid cams if they are in every little section?

Wherever bigfoot is/are.

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
I checked a couple cams today. One had 5 different bucks on it with the best one being a dandy 10 pt with a kicker. The other had nothing but doe. Both were set on video mode. One is no glow and the other is low glow. None of the deer on camera reacted to the camera at all. Scent control and posting it higher up seems to help quite a bit.

Though, I did make one interesting observation. The camera that captured the 10 pt buck. After 2 full weeks it had 219 videos and nearly ever deer on the video was munching the free corn. The 10 pt didn't touch it. He sniffed around like he was doing an investigation and was never seen again. His appearance was also at 3:20am.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I recently mounted a cam about 7 foot up a tree using one of Rick's mounts, I had it set on video and photo mode, and not one deer noticed it. It is a covert mp8 infrared cam. All my cams will be on these mounts from now on, I just have to make a few more.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Made a few yesterday,gonna hang mine up high this yr.
Why take the chance of spooking them,after watching several videos makes ya wonder about some of those bucks ya only get one pic of.

0311171610a-1.jpg0311171610a-1-1.jpg