Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer Management Units

Schu72

Streetsboro
As far as that goes it wouldn't be any different than it is right now. It's got nothing to do with enforcement.

I do not disagree with your statement. But why draw a new map that won't change a thing? It might even increase the "legal" harvest depending of how the bag limit rules are written.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I do not disagree with your statement. But why draw a new map that won't change a thing? It might even increase the "legal" harvest depending of how the bag limit rules are written.
It will change the way tags are allocated and population is monitored. As far as tagging goes and people lying it wouldn't change anything. Actually it might be better because the different unit are further apart than individual county boundaries.

Schu72

Streetsboro
It will change the way tags are allocated and population is monitored. As far as tagging goes and people lying it wouldn't change anything. Actually it might be better because the different unit are further apart than individual county boundaries.
Huh? In some counties you could be in 3 different units. Yes, some units are larger, but many split counties multiple times.

On second thought you are probably right. Before there were 88 different counties and now there will be far fewer borders to jump. Personally, my opportunities will more than double.

Last edited:

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Here's the map. I think it's a great idea and should help more specifically manage deer numbers.
Wow. So I live in Hancock County, right along I-75, just a mile North to be exact. All my hunting properties are divided between 1-D and 1-C. Will I have to apply for separate Doe tags for each? Hell, for that matter, my main area that I target Does in are in 1-G. I could see this getting hairy. I suppose for 99% of hunters it's not a problem. This could get expensive just making sure I have proper tags. I guess I will just have to make sure I decide early on where I'm gonna take a Doe from

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow. So I live in Hancock County, right along I-75, just a mile North to be exact. All my hunting properties are divided between 1-D and 1-C. Will I have to apply for separate Doe tags for each? Hell, for that matter, my main area that I target Does in are in 1-G. I could see this getting hairy. I suppose for 99% of hunters it's not a problem. This could get expensive just making sure I have proper tags. I guess I will just have to make sure I decide early on where I'm gonna take a Doe from
Don't even bother worrying about it right now. Like I said, it ain't happening any time soon.