Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Not seeing any deer

Hoytman62

I live in Central Ohio and the past few days, no one has seen any bucks. We have them on camera, but it seems like that they are nocturnal now. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing. Is this normal? Thanks!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I live in Central Ohio and the past few days, no one has seen any bucks. We have them on camera, but it seems like that they are nocturnal now. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing. Is this normal? Thanks!!

The week after gun season man. They'll be nocturnal if they were pressured. Next weekend is bonus gun so odds are they'll be that way for a while. Start moving cams around and find out where they're feeding and where they're bedding. Keep moving back until you get them on cam on their feet in shooting light. Or dump the corn to them and see if you can't entice one for a snack.

jlane

dunn nc
I think it;s just that time of the year.
The woods have opened up, leaves are down,hunting pressure, and between the first and second rut phase.
Should start seeing activity pick up in another week or so,
The young does and the ones that did,nt get bred will start smelling again.
Also the food source is about gone so they will concentrate on food wherever they can find it.
Corn and winter food plots have picked up with activity in the last week.
Seek out the thickest,nastiest places you can find and put cameras on a trail,
Don.t pressure these places,

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
The week after gun season man. They'll be nocturnal if they were pressured. Next weekend is bonus gun so odds are they'll be that way for a while. Start moving cams around and find out where they're feeding and where they're bedding. Keep moving back until you get them on cam on their feet in shooting light. Or dump the corn to them and see if you can't entice one for a snack.
Joe nailed it!

angelzd28

I sat over a cut corn field yesterday and saw 17 deer at one time in the field, NONE of which were bucks. I hunt Tuscarawas county and while we typically have good deer numbers, the bucks in my area get pressured pretty good during gun season. You could be looking at similar results, but like Joe said, move your cams around and trying to find out where there bedding. Good Luck.

BigZ

I work in dayton and live in columbus and have seen plenty of movement in the fields on my drive home. As far as the sex I can't tell but they are on their feet eating. Guns weekend this weekend. We are hitting the woods till muzzleloader. Going to let the rest!