Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Millennium stands

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I can see the M100 would be more comfortable with the back support but how much does it hinder you if you need to stand up and stay tight to the tree? Also, how far does it keep you out away from the tree while sitting compares to a stand without the back? I like to stay as tight as possible to help with concealment.
Standing up and staying tight to the tree isn't a problem in the M100U, sitting down your a little farther away than the m25 but not by much. Just hang it in a double trunk tree.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I can see the M100 would be more comfortable with the back support but how much does it hinder you if you need to stand up and stay tight to the tree? Also, how far does it keep you out away from the tree while sitting compares to a stand without the back? I like to stay as tight as possible to help with concealment.

It folds up nearly flat to the tree so standing tight to the trunk isn't an issue. My least favorite thing about it is the seat height is so low that i feel standing from a seated position is a little more challenging compared to the M25 or other stands I have.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
It folds up nearly flat to the tree so standing tight to the trunk isn't an issue. My least favorite thing about it is the seat height is so low that i feel standing from a seated position is a little more challenging compared to the M25 or other stands I have.
X2.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm long legged. I feel like I stand up, walk to the edge of the platform, fold up the seat, and take a walk back if I go from sitting to standing in the M100. Seat is comfy. Does fold up flat. It isn't a subtle transition to stand up and fold the seat up in my opinion.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm long legged. I feel like I stand up, walk to the edge of the platform, fold up the seat, and take a walk back if I go from sitting to standing in the M100. Seat is comfy. Does fold up flat. It isn't a subtle transition to stand up and fold the seat up in my opinion.
Imagine my tall ass standing up in one

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have no issues standing up in the M100. With a little practice, you can stand up, and use one hand to lift the seat and attach the bungee to hold it up, all in one smooth motion.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have no issues standing up in the M100. With a little practice, you can stand up, and use one hand to lift the seat and attach the bungee to hold it up, all in one smooth motion.

Maybe it is just me. I can do what you are saying as well. I just don't feel as if I am doing it with minimal movement to be noticed. That seat is long. Makes it comfy. It also means you aren't standing straight up and folding the seat while staying 8-10" from the tree. You have 15-18" gap between you and the tree until it is up and you are going back to leaning against the tree. That "feels" like I am sticking out depending upon which tree my bracket is in. I don't always feel concealed during this process.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Maybe it is just me. I can do what you are saying as well. I just don't feel as if I am doing it with minimal movement to be noticed. That seat is long. Makes it comfy. It also means you aren't standing straight up and folding the seat while staying 8-10" from the tree. You have 15-18" gap between you and the tree until it is up and you are going back to leaning against the tree. That "feels" like I am sticking out depending upon which tree my bracket is in. I don't always feel concealed during this process.

Press down on the straps that are attached to the seat as you stand up. The seat folds as you are standing, and as you come up out of the seat, you can walk it back against the tree.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Anyone have a Muddy Sportsman's? Cabelas has a sale on them now and they look similar to the M25

5" Wider seat, 1" deeper, and it sits an inch higher on the millennium. They are on sale for $87, a whopping $8 more than the muddy.

Last edited: