Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What if?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Where do u get that Iowa is thriving? There are complaints coming from residents of Iowa as well. Comparing Iowa and Ohio is a plea and oranges, doesn't work. There are more people in Cleveland Ohio than there is the entire state of Iowa. They have far more liberal bag limits than Ohio, yet kill far fewer deer - due to far fewer hunters. There is no comparison to be made.

I am just saying from what I have seen and people I now who have hunted public land even there say they see a ton of deer. I don't know all the stats. Most of the observations are done similarly in Ohio by hunters and opinions. Also not talking number of hunters, or deer. Simply talking about the effect of rr.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
And what I'm trying to convey is that if a population loses a smaller percentage of its breeding stock, lower recruitment would be far less noticeable. Sorta like Fayette County being the canary in the cave for what the rest of the State did not recognize for several years. The local hunters in Iowa feel their herd is greatly diminished, at least many of them do. And they too are blaming their DOW. My thought is there may be factors not yet recognized by Midwest states' DOW.