Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Property management - general questions

BigZ

Ok. Parking 60 yards away is way too close. Deer can smell quads a good ways. Trust me. I have tried it before when running late for an evening hunt and they will bust that ATV. We use them around here every day, but they know what is up. Especially a mature deer. They are used to quads driving thru, but when parked they know humans are usually around. I usually try to park at least 200 yards away. Not yelling at you, but that is an issue of why you aren't seeing deer. One method that we have used if available is to "drop off" someone at the stand and then the driver returns to the house with the ATV. This is quite effective in areas where deer are used to ATV's.

Your last paragraph is important as I was under the impression that this was property you owned with some buddies that you had complete control over. Yes if you are an invited guest then you need to be respectful of the other's wishes and can simply just offer suggestions.

I should say I'm a guest. To quote the owner "you're one of us" so I have some say on what to suggest and they can do what they want. I havE control over the stand placement and cameras etc. That's why I am thinking minerals and continue the corn feeders (gravity style) we currently use is a simple improvement.

Seeing deer is not a problem. Up till gun week, I seen deer every hunt, brought one home to my freezer. Just looking to keep the ones we have and grow them and maybe bring more onto the property.