Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thinking about moving to Ohio, what part has some of the best hunting?

Thanks everyone, i cant wait to get out there!! seems like its a really nice area. It sure is nice to get the pressure of finding a place so fast off my back, maybe now i can finally get a little sleep at night haha!! Definitely looking forward to any pictures from any surrounding areas just to help get me excited for next archery season!!! now that i have a place i want to learn what everyone is having the best luck with growing for food plots in that area or should i just start a whole new thread for that? i never personally planted a food plot but had friends put them in out on my PA land and some grew great and others did not. thinking of doing a few strips or corn to hide behind on way in to stand and then maybe a little soybean and then imperial clover and whatever else people are saying is best!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
heres a couple of licking county deer from the past couple years

Attachments

• lickinglate3.jpg
    lickinglate3.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 127
  • latelicking1.jpg
    latelicking1.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 118
  • uploadfromtaptalk1410956311340.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410956311340.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 110
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409260984127.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409260984127.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 129
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409260975206.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409260975206.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 106
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409260996181.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409260996181.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 120
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409261006215.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409261006215.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 111

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Im a title abstractor and will be working from home most of the time. i will be working in eastern Ohio mostly. what line of work are you in?
Kind of what my suspicion was. I spent 10 years in the oilfield as a commercial landman, then as an operational landman before getting laid off in November of 2015. I am now a Program Manager for a non-profit consulting firm and work with businesses in the wood products industry.

Hopefully you can stay gainfully employed. I miss the oilfield most days. Don't miss title work, but I miss my days in operations dearly.

its been slow lately but starting to pick back up now. ive worked in the oil/gas field and timber my whole life. i used to buy standing and been thinking about getting back into that, walnut is up like crazy right now!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
its been slow lately but starting to pick back up now. ive worked in the oil/gas field and timber my whole life. i used to buy standing and been thinking about getting back into that, walnut is up like crazy right now!

I'm trying to convince my dad to cut some of our walnut trees to fund our cabin project. You ever decide to get back in to the timber business, let me know. Gaining more and more contacts in that world daily.

I'm trying to convince my dad to cut some of our walnut trees to fund our cabin project. You ever decide to get back in to the timber business, let me know. Gaining more and more contacts in that world daily.

if you have some good timber and talk him into selling id be interested in taking a look at it if its not to far from the mill i sell to. PM me the area you live in and how many acres of timber you have (if you decide to sell) and ill talk to the guy who has the logging crew i deal with and see if they would travel that far to get it and if they will ill come take a look at it. Big walnut is selling for a good price right now so it wouldnt be a bad time to sell.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
if you have some good timber and talk him into selling id be interested in taking a look at it if its not to far from the mill i sell to. PM me the area you live in and how many acres of timber you have (if you decide to sell) and ill talk to the guy who has the logging crew i deal with and see if they would travel that far to get it and if they will ill come take a look at it. Big walnut is selling for a good price right now so it wouldnt be a bad time to sell.

Sounds good. I'm in Washington County. If you've been to Adkins Timber or know where Superior's Barlow mill (formerly Hassley), the farm is in that ballpark.