Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Iks........

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Fantastic story and job buddy! Couple of things of note:

1) That deer weighs more than you do. Better eat a sandwich. rotflmao

2) Your girlfriend deserves a lot of credit for helping you out. She's pretty cool.

3) That deer's girlfriend helped get him whacked. Just remember that.....

Congrats buddy - you're one of my heroes!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
HAHA, what an awesome day for you yesterday was!!!! Just goes to show how fast and a gift can be given to you when you're least expecting it! Very similar to the experience I had back in 2006!

The guys are right, marry this girl buddy!!! She's a keeper! If your significant other comes flying up to you when your working at home and says, "There's a big buck out back, get out there and get him!" and then spends the next 45 minutes watching you from the window........DON'T LET HER GO!!!! MARRY HER!!!!:smiley_clap:

Seriously, then to top it all off and go to one of your best friend's wedding reception with a huge smile on your face with a GF that helped you turn your day around like that...:smiley_clap:

Well done buddy!!! Marry her!!!

By the way, some here or even lurkers might look down on shooting one from a treestand right behind your house or off the back porch(as in my case) but I honestly don't see what the diffence would be if it happened 200 yards or a 1/2 mile from there. Both of our senarios had a rutted up buck nudging does near our homes letting their guards down. Isn't that why we all prefer hunting the rut and try to capitalize on that principle alone?

Well done buddy!!! Very happy for ya!!! Way to capitalize on your gift!:smiley_clap:

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Thanks alot Ric. She's definitely a keeper! I've hunted pretty hard this year so shooting this buck wasn't any less rewarding to me than if I shot one where I hunt in Meigs county. It's cool knowing there are nice bucks that close to my house. I'm thrilled! And Morgan was all excited about it too. She said she wants to start hunting now.

Gordo

Athens County
! I've hunted pretty hard this year so shooting this buck wasn't any less rewarding to me than if I shot one where I hunt in Meigs county.

True that! Nicely put!

With all the time we put in getting after it, there's absolutely nothing to feel funny about. A large part of buck hunting is catching a break. Even after catching a break, you still gotta close the deal. And close the deal you did buddy!