Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Annual TOO AEP Muzzy Hunt - Sunday, January 8, 2017

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Love to do one of these hunts in NW Ohio on the public land. . . .But there isn't any within an hour or more from me. DOH! I'll call myself a very very longshot maybe on this one. Pretty far away and no clue if the weather will dictate me to work or not.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Jesse. I'm going to look at some maps. I think we can bust that first drive up into two smaller drives and be more successful. There was a ton of ground between drivers and standers on that first one.

I'm thinking we could send a line of standers up that draw where ric shot his then push it down from the top road where y'all came in last year.

Then send a line of standers up that hollow to the right and push down from where Travis and I parked to walk in.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jesse. I'm going to look at some maps. I think we can bust that first drive up into two smaller drives and be more successful. There was a ton of ground between drivers and standers on that first one.

I'm thinking we could send a line of standers up that draw where ric shot his then push it down from the top road where y'all came in last year.

Then send a line of standers up that hollow to the right and push down from where Travis and I parked to walk in.
I'd agree with that on both fronts.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I will just be getting home around that time and if I am able to hunt will focus on hunting with family. Hopefully next year including the fall meet up.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Not sure about Austin and I. If so I will be sure to have a tracking collar on him. 😂

Holy shit that could have been a bad thing. The good Lord has Joe in the right spot

Gordo

Athens County
Not sure about Austin and I. If so I will be sure to have a tracking collar on him. [emoji23]

Holy shit that could have been a bad thing. The good Lord has Joe in the right spot

Oh man. I missed that one! Sounds like the boy got off the beatin path and joe swooped in on a recon mission.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yeah, old Austin wasn't too far from going on one hell of a walkabout. Had he not ran in to Joe, and stayed on the same bearing, he'd have had a good 4-5 miles walk until he hit a road. And we all know that wasn't an easy walk!

It is looking like our schedule won't be allowing us to make it this year. We will still be hunting but will have to get back home earlier than I was hoping. I was hoping to meet you guys there. Well at least some of you. LOL.