Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Today Was A Good Day

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well my cousin shot his very first buck today. Zack has passed deer, after deer, after deer. He has helped me plant plots, check cameras, hang sets, move sets (haha), etc. Zack decided that if he was going to kill a buck, it was something he wanted to mount. I thought that was a great goal and he chased it since he was about 15 years old. Today with his Mathews in hand, he got a chance to fill his tag. He succeeded.

This buck means a lot more then just a buck to put on the wall.

BACKSTORY:
My grandma died back two months ago. My grandpap has had a rough time with it, and has good/bad days. Today sharing the moment with him was priceless. We didn't care about score, brands, taglines, etc. We cared about sharing the freaking moment. Grandpap onetime told us " if you see 8 points shoot, if you see 10 shoot twice", hahaha although we never took that advice 100% to heart we love to say it from time to time. The old W2 vet, coal miner was the happiest I have seen him in awhile when he saw that buck. His eyes lit up and it just about made me shed a tear. This is why I hunt, none of the other bullshit but this feeling that I am attempting to express/explain via text. I know my grandma is smiling down on us, we always where her "little hunters". Knowing all of this, when my cousin got the chance to bring a buck to share with grandpa, he just couldn't pass him up and I couldn't be happier! (Not a bad first buck either!!)

I hope you enjoyed reading.

thank you!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
You nailed it my friend. THAT feeling was communicated perfectly. Congrats to you and Zack on understanding what IT is and for being able to share that with your Grandpa. That's truly special stuff!!!