Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buck fight remnants

Big Weff

Athens
fugers got me too haha

MaineMan

That's nuts! On that subject, do you guys take the Bucks in Ohio to be aggressive in general? I've been out there 5 times so far and tried using a decoy a few times but the bucks never seemed to care about it? Its likely the Buck to Doe ratio in any particular area, but the limited guys I've talked to never seem to have any luck finding aggressive bucks in their areas. Curious if others do?

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That's nuts! On that subject, do you guys take the Bucks in Ohio to be aggressive in general? I've been out there 5 times so far and tried using a decoy a few times but the bucks never seemed to care about it? Its likely the Buck to Doe ratio in any particular area, but the limited guys I've talked to never seem to have any luck finding aggressive bucks in their areas. Curious if others do?

I think it all depends on the temperament of the individual deer and the local conditions of the herd. This time of the year all deer can be aggressive but some deer just have bad attitudes no matter what.

I've never decoyed, but most deer I've rattled to or grunted at have shown little interest in fighting. Of course I could be doing it all wrong. Lol. However I have had a few bucks over the years that have heard a grunt, stopped on a dime and walked in for a fight.

That's a pretty long winded way to say, "it depends."

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That glue might eat the foam, not sure though, never tried it. They do make some pretty badass glue for foam that comes it caulking tubes.

Finally got around to fixing the target. There were two places it broke. At the chest, on the bottom section where the replacement core meets the body and then at the removable top piece. It broke at the point where it inserts into the neck of the target. Both of these places are close to the point of impact.

I applied gorilla glue all over both sides of the break and smeared it across the entire surface area before pushing the two broken sections together.

24 hours later I applied more glue to the seam.

The removable top panel:

Broken body assembled:

Full target:

It should be good to go, but I'll wait until after the rut winds down before I stick him back out in the yard. Haha!!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio

That's because you didn't put the decoy in someone's back yard. rotflmao They get totaled in the back yard as you can see~~Mine did as well! rotflmao