Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rage Broadhead Blades

Vermonster1121

Sheldon, VT
Question for you rage shooters out there. How often do you replace your broadhead blades? Do any of you get more than one shoot out of them? I shoot the Hypodermic and have been replacing them after one shoot. Wel just recently I was down to one broadhead with new blades. My local archery shop and dicks sporting goods were out. Long story short the ones I ordered off amazon were the wrong ones. The blades I have still appear to be sharp and I have new shock collars. I have cleaned them up and even run them through my knife sharpener. Is this acceptable in your book? I am an ethical hunter and I believe in clean quick kills so the last thing I want to do is send a dull broadhead sailing through the air. Let me know your thoughts or personal experiences.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've taken two doe with the same head/blades and head still going strong.... Haven't hit anything yet that would cause them to get boogered up.... Yet....

Last edited:

Bigcountry40

I have gotten multiple uses out of 1, last few kills arrows broke off and the broad head were all bent up, I had the same thing happen using muzzys.

Vermonster1121

Sheldon, VT
Thanks for the insight. Blades are still sharp enough to shave my fingernail. One had a small burr in it but I got that out with the sharpener. I plan on putting new blades on but I think this will get me through the rest of our season here in Vermont.

nis1

I'd say your golden. I usually replace the blades now but have taken the blades off and sharpened them up in the past with no problem at all

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Never shot one through a deer that didn't require trashing the entire head. Killed 6 deer with them and they are as deadly a head as there is on the market, but they're not durable. One and done heads for me.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Never shot one through a deer that didn't require trashing the entire head. Killed 6 deer with them and they are as deadly a head as there is on the market, but they're not durable. One and done heads for me.

The arrow and head I got the doe last year with was the one I used this year... I spun and inspected the blades and they were fine... I was actually surprised they came out as good as they did... I thought they would be one and done as well at first... So far so good.... Who knows what the next one will look like though... If it hits bone I think it'll be toast...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Whacking a turkey with one dulls them out a little bit, but then I just shoot another turkey with the same head. I've had a few get bent on deer, most come out looking fine though, just need sharpening.

Vermonster1121

Sheldon, VT
BigCountry40 the blades are easily replaceable. The Hypodermic have a a solid ferrule tip that has held up great for me. I'm gonna stick with them. I've got enough KE behind my arrow that it should do the trick. Thanks for the replies gents.