Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Truck bed liner on Treestand

Crowell392

Has anybody tried to install truck bed liner on to their treestand platform for grip and to help quiet things down? If so how was your results and your pros and cons

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Your thinking of spay-on bedliner I assume? I imagine it would insulate/quiet the metal, but your going to add quite a bit of weight to it.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Your thinking of spay-on bedliner I assume? I imagine it would insulate/quiet the metal, but your going to add quite a bit of weight to it.
I think you would have to put several layers of it on to even get any kind of noise reduction, not worth it IMO. Plus let it air dry for a while to let the scent dissipate.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I think you would have to put several layers of it on to even get any kind of noise reduction, not worth it IMO. Plus let it air dry for a while to let the scent dissipate.

The rubberized one would have some sound deadening to it I would imagine... Had it on my Z71 and it was rather thick... Tossing anything into the bed you didn't get the metal sound...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
The rubberized one would have some sound deadening to it I would imagine... Had it on my Z71 and it was rather thick... Tossing anything into the bed you didn't get the metal sound...
I put that stuff on the inside bottom of my Canoe.