Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

X-stand???

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Anyone have any experience with the X-stands? Came across them browsing the web. Some interesting climbers. Super light. Was looking at their sticks too. A little shorter than I like but would be good to carry especially when you are vertically challenged like I am. Seems the longer sticks either stick up way above my head and catch every limb or almost drag the ground. Anyone ever see the X-stands in person?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Might try a search. I was thinking someone on here was using them and like them (if memory serves correct.) I looked at them and they did intrigue me a bit but I never pursued bringing them into our product line up.

Jake_C

Before I ended up with my XOP I looked into a lot of stands. The X-stand was one of them. From what I read the people that bought them for what they are meant for (a very light portable climber) liked them. The people that bought them expecting a comfortable all day sit climber hated them. It does look like they're making one that looks similar to an ol' man climber and weighs 16 lbs. At that weight though I'd probably go with the LW/XOP option. My enforcer sit and climb with all the straps and stuff (seat swapped for hazmore seat) weighs in right at 17 pounds.

Vermonster1121

Sheldon, VT
Both my father-in-law and father picked one up this year. Good deals on them online. I tested it out. It is certainly light and I really like the size of the platform. The seat is comfortable for an all day sit. It takes some getting used to for the climbing part of it. The "springy" arms on the sides which guide the cables can give you a false sense of being "attached" to the tree before you get a good bite in. Overall for the price I think it is a good deal after you get used to using it. Like everything there is a learning curve.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
my uncle has one of there climbers ive borrowed it on out of state hunts climbs good and is comfy, only thing i say is that it seems to be loud when climbing not sure if its because its light or just what its made out of.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Thanks everyone. I think I am more interested in their hang-ons and climbing sticks. Going to hold off until late winter/early spring and pick a set up to try out.