Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

One Eye or Two.

Sch8pt

Just wandering how everyone shoots their bows. I have to shoot with one eye open period . I've tried to with both eyes open and it absolutely will not work for me . My friend shoots both eyes open and says he can see a lot more of his target that way. I'm just curious how the majority of everyone shoots. Thanks

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I shoot with one eye closed. Right handed. Left eye dominant. Easier to close one eye than train to keep both eyes open or switch to left handed. Truthfully, I probably shoot best with both eyes closed. lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Always shot with one eye when I first started shooting... Tried both when a buddy mentioned he did.... Never went back to one afterwards....

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
One eye for me my buddy shoots one open and if he grabs my bow he will shoot it way right if I tell him to close his eye like I do and he puts them right in there. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or just the way he holds different than I do.

rsmith

I shoot both eyes open. I feel as though it is more natural and you can also see what is going on around you better as well as seeing your target. It takes time and practice to shoot both eyes open but I'm glad I took the time to train myself to.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Usually with both eyes open, when the deer is sub-30 yards. If my target is beyond 30 I'll close my left eye to get a more precise aim, if there's enough ambient light.

Jake_C

I'm ambidextrous and shoot right handed because right handed archery stuff is more readily available but I'm left eye dominant so I have to shoot with left eye closed.

jeremy44230

Medina County
Always was 1 eye open until this past summer.

I had noticed I was punching my trigger so I went to a local shop. Got lessons on back tension release and began using both eyes.

It has been a very welcomed change.