Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LooKs Like I Know A Little Bit Of Something...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ok, my turn to share a little from my side.

Joe calls me last night and he sounded like some kid that just had his balloon popped. Honestly couldn't hardly understand what he was even saying. I was laughing my ass off and it got me crazy excited to go and help him. It was also a chance for me to redeem myself for not being able to find my doe. I was already 10 or so beers into my night when he called so there was zero chance that I would be any good to him if I could even a get a ride. So once my company left I made him call me back and talk me through the entire hunt. Hoping this would help him calm the fugg down and possibly get some sleep.

I woke up at 0400 wide awake and ready to track. I made a couple of post on here and waited for him to wake up and see them. At around 0500 I seen the green light saying his was online. I really started freaking out and my hopes were high. I jumped out of bed and started getting ready.

Left my house and tried to keep it under 100 mph...lol. I was PUMPED! I arrive to his farm and it was all I could do to keep Joe out of the woods. He was sick to his stomach about the deal. We milled around and talked about life and other things to pass time. Birds started waking up and he was ready to start tracking, lol. Calm down Joe...we have time. I was able to hold him off a little while longer. The sun wasn't over the horizon though before we headed in.

We started from his stand and he painted me a good picture of what all happened. (Still dark enough that finding blood was basically a waste of time. So we made our way to last blood... At last blood my heart sank. It wasn't much and what WAS there was now gone. Something had scratched the ground and ate the chunks... I got worried, real worried. I started looking and listening for coyotes.

Joe kinda went off in the direction that he thought the deer went and I followed the terrain. I made it about 80 yards and hollered for Joe to come get his deer. His voice got all high pitch and I could hear the brush getting plowed through! Lol, good times.

I never found a single drop of blood. Just followed my instincts and did what I do. Walked straight to the deer.

The pleasure was truly all mine Joe. I thank you for letting me be a part of the experience. Hell of a nice set up you have and I wish everyone had neighboring hunters like you do. You have a lot to be thankful for with guys like that. Being able to drive the quad to the deer was also a huge blessing.

Did the butcher get a weight on it?

You must not smile a whole lot, because your cheeks should be hurting! I think the picture I got of you smiling was about the only time I seen it. I'm still smiling and couldn't think of a better way to start my week. Great talking with you this morning and finally being able to give you a hand shake.

Congratulations again man!

Great write up Dave!!! Felt like I was there with yain's!

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I can remember BIL puked for first time after i field dressed the deer for him. Lol...i sat back and watched that fugger puking and covering my eyes at same time....ah memories

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Ok, my turn to share a little from my side.

Joe calls me last night and he sounded like some kid that just had his balloon popped. Honestly couldn't hardly understand what he was even saying. I was laughing my ass off and it got me crazy excited to go and help him. It was also a chance for me to redeem myself for not being able to find my doe. I was already 10 or so beers into my night when he called so there was zero chance that I would be any good to him if I could even a get a ride. So once my company left I made him call me back and talk me through the entire hunt. Hoping this would help him calm the fugg down and possibly get some sleep.

I woke up at 0400 wide awake and ready to track. I made a couple of post on here and waited for him to wake up and see them. At around 0500 I seen the green light saying his was online. I really started freaking out and my hopes were high. I jumped out of bed and started getting ready.

Left my house and tried to keep it under 100 mph...lol. I was PUMPED! I arrive to his farm and it was all I could do to keep Joe out of the woods. He was sick to his stomach about the deal. We milled around and talked about life and other things to pass time. Birds started waking up and he was ready to start tracking, lol. Calm down Joe...we have time. I was able to hold him off a little while longer. The sun wasn't over the horizon though before we headed in.

We started from his stand and he painted me a good picture of what all happened. (Still dark enough that finding blood was basically a waste of time. So we made our way to last blood... At last blood my heart sank. It wasn't much and what WAS there was now gone. Something had scratched the ground and ate the chunks... I got worried, real worried. I started looking and listening for coyotes.

Joe kinda went off in the direction that he thought the deer went and I followed the terrain. I made it about 80 yards and hollered for Joe to come get his deer. His voice got all high pitch and I could hear the brush getting plowed through! Lol, good times.

I never found a single drop of blood. Just followed my instincts and did what I do. Walked straight to the deer.

The pleasure was truly all mine Joe. I thank you for letting me be a part of the experience. Hell of a nice set up you have and I wish everyone had neighboring hunters like you do. You have a lot to be thankful for with guys like that. Being able to drive the quad to the deer was also a huge blessing.

Did the butcher get a weight on it?

You must not smile a whole lot, because your cheeks should be hurting! I think the picture I got of you smiling was about the only time I seen it. I'm still smiling and couldn't think of a better way to start my week. Great talking with you this morning and finally being able to give you a hand shake.

Congratulations again man!

Thats awesome right there