Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tracking dog needed in Meigs Co

Jay/NC

Central NC
I lowered my bow & took down my LW and sticks. I packed up everything & walked over to check on Clay.

The first thing he said to me was "why'd you shoot my deer" with a big smile. I laughed and said "it was right at dark & you should have shot him if you wanted to".

We decided to go back to the house and pack everything up before we started looking for blood. Because we had a 5.5 hour drive ahead of us plus I had to drive an extra 2.5 hours to my mom's I was really hoping he didn't make it far.

Jay/NC

Central NC
We looked for blood for a half an hour within 50 yds of POI without any luck. During the meantime I posted my "call for help".

Thankfully Diablo54 stepped up. While waiting for him we continued looking for blood. After a lil while Clay yelled "I got blood!"

I was immediately relieved. Rather than wait I decided to start following the sign. The blood trail was easy to follow & got better the farther we went. Once inside the wood line he only made it 75-100 yards all down hill.

Jay/NC

Central NC
After finding my buck we took some hero shots & headed back to the house to meet Taylor.

He arrived shortly thereafter. I told him the situation & showed him where the blood started. Gunner was on it like white on rice & was standing over the deer in no time.

I can't thank Taylor enough for taking time out of his evening to come help us. We appreciate more than you know. Most importantly I want to thank Taylor for helping me drag him up that dad blame hill. It was 75% T & 25% J. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Jay/NC

Central NC
It was long drive back to Clinton NC to help my mom with her storm damage. I didn't sleep at all Friday night or Sunday night but boy catnaps sure did come in handy.

I apologize for the long delay in my story. Work got in the way. Good luck to everyone the rest of the season. My focus now changes to getting a mature doe & maybe a turkey. Gotta get some more tags. [emoji41]

Jay/NC

Central NC
^I know, I know I deserve it. Lesson learned I will not start something that I can't finish quickly in the future.

My wife would say "that shouldn't be too hard". LOL