Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mr. Crabs

OhioHunter88

Perry County

This picture is from last year of a deer named Mr.crabs, My younger cousin and hunting partner Casey passed him up last year.

Fast forward to this summer and Casey got these pictures

I sent them to Alex (triplea88) and he immediately said that deer looked photo shopped due to the huge jump in growth, after awhile he finally believed me that it wasn't.

This deer was on a good pattern and hitting that little corn pile and moving into the large foodplot that is right there also.

Opening day Casey and I roll in mid day and hang some sticks and two hangons, we were pretty confident where he was bedding and how he entered the foodplot because he didn't always go to the corn to get his picture taken. I'm set up over Casey's left shoulder with cameras rolling, he passed on a 140-145" 10 and a 130" 8 and we saw multiple does that night but no mr.crabs.

Two days later we had another good wind and went at it again with almost an exact reply of deer seen again but no mr.crabs.

October 6th mid day casey checked that cam and crabs had strolled by at 7:00pm the day before! Casey texted me and we talked about what to do, the moon guide says this weekend is a red moon and I mentioned waiting till Friday or today(saturday) to go in, he insisted on going that night and I was in the middle of a job so I wasn't able to go, but told him good luck.

At 3:30 he texted and said he had to stop and get behind a tree as there was already deer in the plot, a little while later he said they finally moved on and he was on stand.

At 5:58 my phone was ringing and he was all shook up! He explained that Mr.crabs just came out and worked all 6 scrapes along the field edge and presented him with a 20 yard shot and he was sure he heard him crash. I said give me an hour and I'll meet you to start the trail.

We barely got into the woods and he already spotted the white belly, there was mr.crabs dead within 50 yards of the shot. I have no doubt this deer was dead within seconds of being hit.

A little comparison with his sheds from last year

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Damn, that's a stud!! Congrats.

And that is the crabs I would not mind ever getting, lol.

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Amazing buck. I'm in awe of how big of a jump he made from last year to this. Simply incredible. Makes you wonder what one more year would have done!!!