Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Climbing sticks opinions

Crowell392

What are your opinions on the most user-friendly climbing sticks 4 Mobility ease-of-use and packability? I just received a set of Leverage climbing sticks and plan on doing the lonewolf mod. But I also have been looking at the hawk helium climbing sticks what are your opinions?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I have no opinion on anything except the lone wolf sticks. They are light, pack easy, set up fast. I did a couple mods to mine thanks to Flutie.

Maxxis31

Deer wood's
The leverage sticks are very nice, light weight pack up nice and are solid on a tree, i have the 32" sticks, i would like more of them, Crowell where were you lucky enough to find them.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Cost vs usage I would be buying Leverages or Hawk Heliums.

I will be bringing my Leverages to Strouds if anyone would like to finger fugg them or give them a test run.

Last edited:

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I run hawk helium. I like them, it just comes down to what you like and cost. 5 of my hawks are only 1.5# heavier than 5 lone wolf but at $100 less I'll carry the weight and have 2 steps on each side. The clasp is very similar to the leverage but , I feel they work smoother than leverage and are plastic covered.

Last edited:

Crowell392

Well unfortunately I'm not too crazy about the leverage climbing sticks I like the hawk helium's much better, the hawk helium has a wider step so if you have a bigger feet you have more room.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thinking about picking up a single hawk helium for my top stick. I see now why Jesse and Flutie run the muddy pro at the top lol

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thinking about picking up a single hawk helium for my top stick. I see now why Jesse and Flutie run the muddy pro at the top lol

The Helium stick wont nest together well with the LW sticks, and you're only losing a foot of elevation. Stick with the muddy...

OO2

In the Uplands
Reviving this thread to see if anyone has any updated opinions on the light weight/aluminum climbing sticks on today’s market? Looking for something to partner with my M60u for my public land adventures. Thanks!