Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best be in the stand this weekend!

MandRroofing

In the woods
Not only that the moon position will be at its best during prime time!
Temp drop + over head under foot during prime times = muture bucks hitting the dirt.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What , since when does a major cold front equal better deer movement ? Huh , news to me ...My fingies and tootsies get cold easy so I try to avoid cooler weather

I need to get out. I think I'll just take my late season gear. lol

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Plus the fact we are due for a good one to hit the ground! I had already planned on being out but a little push never hurts.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I think Im gonna get out this weekend one way or another. There was some useful information there, not groundbreaking info, but good info.

rsmith

I'll be out Saturday morning for sure, first morning hunt this year, and then I will be out Friday and Sunday evening as well.

Bigcountry40

HAHA. You read my mind. It's why I rarely consume mainstream deer hunting material any more. It's nothing revolutionary, just common sense wrapped in different packages and people regurgitating decades old material in new formats. Show me something thought provoking for once.

I still enjoy reading field and stream, its like $15 a year and better than the crap on tv! I think everything you said is correct, but every once in while I learn something new. I also think field and stream does a good job showing hunting and fishing opportunities throughout the county. Example-in MIssouri late october early November they spear sucker fish on flat boats at night and have fish fry right after being caught. The writer said it was as good as crappie or perch.