Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Busted!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I've barked at em , clapped my hands, thrown stuff even . Bumping em by noise isn't gonna hurt much . Most of the time they aren't really spooked but just get cautious and move off . Letting them smell you is what does the most damage . I wouldn't worry about it . Lots of deer on the woods and in your situation of trying to get your first antlered deer I wouldn't sweat it . Just continue to hunt the stands with the best winds and the best entry and exit and it'll all work out .

Jake_C

Just continue to hunt the stands with the best winds and the best entry and exit and it'll all work out .

I decided about 3/4 of the way through last season to get serious about hunting deer and started reading up on wind and thermals, stand locations, entry and exit based on winds etc. and learning to implement that into my hunting. the results have been awesome. I saw more deer the last month i was able to hunt last season and just the first week of this season than I probably had in 3 seasons prior. It definitely makes The hunting more exciting and feels like all that time i spent hiking these hills was worth while.