Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scent Crusher thoughts?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I know there are opinions on Ozonics and such. I don't use and can't see myself spending several hundred dollars on these Ozonics units. I don't believe in them although I haven't used them. I believe in clean gear, scent free showers, and the Scent Smoker. BUT. . . . What about my stinky car? What about the sweat, kids soccer gear in the back seat, garbage bag hanging, and other odors associated with your vehicle?

I do occasionally smoke up my car. I do buy air fresheners. During hunting season the air fresheners are gone. I also hate to admit this, but there is something about the rubber floors in my Honda Element that has an unnatural smell. I saw a commercial during a TV show with a "plug into your cigarette lighter" ozone dispenser. This might be the answer. Not only during hunting season, but the rest of the year I can see this being a handy way to air out the vehicle. (Did I mention my windows don't go up and down? Makes it tougher to freshen up the interior when you can roll down the windows.)

http://scentcrusher.com/ozone-go/

I don't want to get into a debate. Just curious if anyone has some real world experience here. When it comes to work trucks and such, this could be handy. It would be a real bonus if it helped with hunting gear. Anyone look into the actual science involved with these? I don't want to simply trust the marketing. It isn't overly expensive, but I am cheap. I'd hate to drop $50 if it is not effective.

jlane

dunn nc
I bought one for my hunting clothes closet,
The wife's suv had a musky smell when she would turn on the ac, ran it about 30 min. with the car fan on.
All the scent was gone and hasn;t returned yet.When you run the scent blocker it has an aweful odor, that will go away.
I bought the one with the clothes bag.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
When Im smoking my hunting gear, I smoke a large blanket with it. I put that blanket down and cover the back seat and floor board in my truck. Then I set all my gear on it when Im heading to the woods. I also tell my wife, once September hits, no more spraying perfume in my truck right before she gets out. That doesn't usually go over to well. LOL

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My clothes get smoked in a tote and it sits in the bed of my truck and I get dressed at the spot where I park to go to the tree I'm hunting out of....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My clothes get smoked in a tote and it sits in the bed of my truck and I get dressed at the spot where I park to go to the tree I'm hunting out of....
Same. I also wash and presmoke travel clothes. I don't smoke in my truck, use air fresheners, eat fast food or leave trash in it, so it rarely smells like much of anything. I also have the vent visors on my truck, so I always have my windows cracked. That's as good as any gadget in my opinion.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
When Im smoking my hunting gear, I smoke a large blanket with it. I put that blanket down and cover the back seat and floor board in my truck. Then I set all my gear on it when Im heading to the woods. I also tell my wife, once September hits, no more spraying perfume in my truck right before she gets out. That doesn't usually go over to well. LOL

Excellent suggestion. Never thought of that.

I bought one for my hunting clothes closet,
The wife's suv had a musky smell when she would turn on the ac, ran it about 30 min. with the car fan on.
All the scent was gone and hasn;t returned yet.When you run the scent blocker it has an aweful odor, that will go away.
I bought the one with the clothes bag.

That is solid first hand experience. Thanks JLane. As I said, I am not sure I fully believe in it. BUT, if it can remove some odors I can see it being helpful. My car sat for about a year or two as a wreck. It was closed up. I think this is part of the issue. I have even considered buying one of the other ozone generators large enough to do a house. Nothing says it has to be a brand from the hunting industry. If it works I could use it on multiple applications. For example: I just bought a house which has sat empty for a couple years. We are repairing the basement. The house doesn't smell terrible. It doesn't smell "lived in" though. Seems like all properties which sit empty for awhile get a little musky scent to them. Looks like around $300 buys one large enough to do a 2000 sq ft house. Buy one with a hunting brand on it and I am sure it is more.

Just not sure if I believe in the technology yet. Do a google search and you find websites with reasons why these ozone generators do NOT work. I have read enough to see they should not be used daily. This is not healthy. However, if they work well enough to get that stale smell out of a house it may be worth it. I don't like showing a rental property that has sat empty which I have covered up with air fresheners. I know it will air out once someone is in there living, but I just don't like masking odors temporarily.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I let my smoker roll on the way to the farm. Some people might think I'm cruising down the road smoking 15 joints lol

Its how my garage was like before i got the cabinet. My garage was filled with smoke and when i would open the garage door to get out you would think i was having a pot fest