Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Saturday plans?

Isaacorps

Columbus
Hey all, just wanted to see what everyone's Saturday plans are. I plan on freshening up the feeders and do 1 last card pull this week and stay out until Saturday. I'm working 2 different spots that will allow me to hunt any wind. I've gotten nothing but does and fawns all summer but these spots don't historically draw bucks until mid October or so. So I'm hoping to hold the does that I've had consistently since July until then. In the meantime I'm hoping to put one in the freezer. What are y'all thinking? Our favorite time of the year is here! Good luck to all!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I will be flying out of Columbus Saturday morning for Montana. I will be in a tree on the Shields River Sunday morning hunting whitetails...woohoo! I have pics of no shooters yet in Ohio anyway so this will help me stay out until they show up.

Last edited:

Isaacorps

Columbus
I will be flying out of Columbus Saturday morning for Montana. I will be in a tree on the Shields River Sunday morning hunting whitetails...woohoo! I have pics of no shooters yet in Ohio anyway so this will help me stay out until they show up.

Sounds awesome, good luck!

OO2

In the Uplands
I plan on coming home from school Friday afternoon, taking care of all my landscaping/lawn care clients that evening after pulling camera card one last time on the way back. Saturday I'll be the trailer guy incase any bikes break down in a benefit ride then hopefully Saturday evening I'll be in the stand. I'm hoping winds will change from now to then.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I'm going Saturday morning just because it's opening morning not sure where yet. Not worried about shooting a doe til my daughter is with me. Saturday night I'll be tucked in on one of the spots I've been getting pictures of the big 7 as long as he's doing his normal thing still. won't know til Thursday about that

My wife will be sitting with the one daughter in a blind, and I will be hunting with the other daughter in a treestand. We will pull camera cards after the morning hunt to determine where we will hunt the evening. Can't wait!

KYhunter

Well since Ky season has been in since the 3rd, I'll probably take a weekend off and fish a benefit tournament lol it's too dang hot to hunt down here right now anyway! I had an encounter with 2 giant bucks on the second day of season, and haven't seen a set of antlers since lol I'm taking a break

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have a blind set up behind my parent's house where I'll take my wife and daughter. The blind is on an oak flat with a nice pile of apples at 30 yards. My daughter is almost 4 and my wife is pregnant, so I'm not sure how long we'll sit. That said, I may not be picky either. Lots in my plate this year and with our Missouri trip in November, tagging out on a P&Y opening morning sounds good this year!

I'll be mowing Saturday evening unless it cools down. Sleep in Sunday, then make my first hunt on the farm that evening.

Jake_C

My daughter is almost 4 and my wife is pregnant, so I'm not sure how long we'll sit.

Congratulations!

Work in the morning...
Afternoon If I can get my rig back together by then I have a spot I'm eager to hit on public land. One of those overlooked spots that's too close to a parking lot for anyone to even consider. Ive seen a decent (shooter for me) buck moving in daylight through the binos several times in the last couple of weeks. I'm hoping to capitalize before the pressure turns on.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Take my quad out for a bit in the morning. Then Im thinking about grilling a bunch of meat for football. Would love to hunt but we are saving our property for mid to late October. Public land doesn't open to hunting until around Halloween.