Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I pooped myself when I looked at my trail pics!

Bigcountry40

I am not going to be really specific about where this located for fear of poachers and local pressure ( this property is close to a few community hunting spots). I got this pic in North West Ohio on a property that I gained access to this year next to a old stumping grounds. I can honestly say that I have never seen this before in this part of Ohio and believe it is a a escaped pig went feral. I have like 20 pics of him, probably half in the morning at first light. My plan is to hunt him this saturday morning with a .270 because I have nothing but doe on camera any way. I almost didn't post this , but feel think this forum won't hurt and nobody other than a few other people know where this hog is. piggy.jpg

Last edited:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I'm not gonna lie... all I saw were the first three words to the title of this thread and I thought, "Oh man, this is gonna be good!" :smiley_crocodile:

Hope you get some bacon on the ground this weekend.

Another thought, can you get out before opening day? Feral swine have no bag limit and no closed season. You must possess a valid hunting license to hunt feral swine.

Bigcountry40

I'm not gonna lie... all I saw were the first three words to the title of this thread and I thought, "Oh man, this is gonna be good!" :smiley_crocodile:

Hope you get some bacon on the ground this weekend.

Another thought, can you get out before opening day? Feral swine have no bag limit and no closed season. You must possess a valid hunting license to hunt feral swine.

Yeah I hunted him last night, but all his camera pics are at early morning 3 -a.m till about 7:30. He's went feral and nocturnal like they're supposed too!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I don't know of any rules precluding night hunting - If I were you I'd look into it and put that sumbitch on the ground as fast as you can
Get an inexpensive night vision device and put it down