Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bowtech tuning

Jake_C

Any good tuners within a 2 hour drive of Lisbon Ohio? I had nock split yesterday and my string snapped. First time in 13 years of shooting I've ever had this happen.

I went over the limbs with a cotton ball and magnifying glass and can't find any cracks or splits. I also put a square on the cams and they seem to be ok too.

I'm going to order a string but I'm not sure about having tuned after that. I have a press but have never done this before.

Thanks

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That's a real bummer Jake, hate to hear that. If I were you, I'd take it to a Bowtech dealer for this one. I had the string slip a cam on an old Bowtech I had and the axles were bent as a result.

Jake_C

That's a real bummer Jake, hate to hear that. If I were you, I'd take it to a Bowtech dealer for this one. I had the string slip a cam on an old Bowtech I had and the axles were bent as a result.

That's what I'm worried about. Something I'm not seeing that'll cause it to happen again after I put a new string on it and possibly blow the limbs up as well.

I didn't want to spend the cash but I'm thinking about buying another bow as a backup until this ones straightened out.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
There's All American Outdoors in Strasburg, they deal bowtecs. My buddy had his Hoyt strung up there. I frequent the shop often, good people.

Jake_C

Went after work and had a pro shop look it over and they say it looks good to go. Couldn't find anyone with under a 7-10 day turn around on string and cables so I found a builder called America's best bowstrings over in Uniontown (about 1.5 hours from me) and they said they could make a set by Thursday at the latest so I placed an order. Anyone ever use these strings?
Bigslam- do they do a pretty decent job tuning after installing? I may head up there after I pick the strings up.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Went after work and had a pro shop look it over and they say it looks good to go. Couldn't find anyone with under a 7-10 day turn around on string and cables so I found a builder called America's best bowstrings over in Uniontown (about 1.5 hours from me) and they said they could make a set by Thursday at the latest so I placed an order. Anyone ever use these strings?
Bigslam- do they do a pretty decent job tuning after installing? I may head up there after I pick the strings up.
I believe they sell Americas Best bowstrings. I run those on my bow, but I went to the ABB shop in Amish country and had them put on there. But ya, they did a good job on my buddies bow.

Jake_C

I believe they sell Americas Best bowstrings. I run those on my bow, but I went to the ABB shop in Amish country and had them put on there. But ya, they did a good job on my buddies bow.

I have the platinum series on mine

That's where I'm going to pick them up. I went with the platinum series as well. I've been debating on paying them to put them on while I'm there, taking it to a shop, or learning to do it myself. I bought a press and built a draw board last year and haven't touched it yet...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
It took them about a week to get the strings on my bow at the ABB shop in millersburg. They didnt have a pro shop last time I was there and I think they just put mine on for me to be nice.