Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who dat?

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I don't mind if what you all say is true. They devastate acres of corn out there.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I never had any issues with coon hunters as they have just as much right chasing coon as I do deer.... Do they bend property lines???? Yep, them dogs don't know boundaries and run till they tree...
Plus 9/10 times they're in the woods when we're in bed....

Jamie

Ohio
exactly, J. Mike, I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps happening. very likely a one time thing.

I've certainly had to rethink my feelings on dogs running across property lines. I know some dickwads are so super protective of their precious deer hunting property that they would happily shoot a collared dog and ask questions later if it was running around barking in their deer woods, but as long as it is one time thing and not a recurring problem, I can sympathize with anyone who has to go trespassing to pull their dog off a tree. it happens regularly because my dog is pretty cool, but he still can't read the "NO TRESPASSING" signs, and despite my efforts to keep him away from property lines, it still happens. Ain't easy to have enough big enough places to hunt that a dog can't cross a property line. heaven only knows how many trail cameras I've made an unintentional appearance on. lol...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
exactly, J. Mike, I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps happening. very likely a one time thing.

I've certainly had to rethink my feelings on dogs running across property lines. I know some dickwads are so super protective of their precious deer hunting property that they would happily shoot a collared dog and ask questions later if it was running around barking in their deer woods, but as long as it is one time thing and not a recurring problem, I can sympathize with anyone who has to go trespassing to pull their dog off a tree. it happens regularly because my dog is pretty cool, but he still can't read the "NO TRESPASSING" signs, and despite my efforts to keep him away from property lines, it still happens. Ain't easy to have enough big enough places to hunt that a dog can't cross a property line. heaven only knows how many trail cameras I've made an unintentional appearance on. lol...

Yeah, beagles have the same issue.... they're not quiet when they're working and I try to make sure no one is deer hunting.... but every once in a while I'll disturb someone and sometimes let let me know their displeasure about it.... apologies given and I move along....

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Hi there. Haven't seen him since velvet.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Not likely. My best chance was the rut, but his core area is a park and it's loaded with does. My second best chance will be during muzzleloader if I can keep a bait pile up and the temperature plummets. Last year he would still visit the bait site just after dark and there is nowhere to intercept.